Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This could get very bad.  (Read 1758 times)

Description:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: This could get very bad.
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 03, 2005, 11:01:37 AM »
@Dandy

Hmmm, do emissions of BS count?
int p; // A

Offline Dandy

• Show only replies by Dandy
    • http://www.wiehltalbahn.de/en/
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2005, 12:10:46 PM »

Karlos wrote:
@Dandy

Hmmm, do emissions of BS count?

Perhaps - if he turns out to be able to cut them (although I strongly doubt that...)
 :-D
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2005, 01:50:13 PM »

FluffyMcDeath wrote:

T_Bone wrote:
I think everyone should ignore any and all theories untill such a time as a model can be constructed that can actually be proven to be consistant with the way our planet actually works.

You were probably one of those kids who didn't have any faith in that silly "those berries could be poisoness" theory. At least, not until they were proven to be deadly to you.

You were probably one of those kids who'd trade your family cow for magic beans after hearng someone's story about a really tall beanstalk. ;-)

The berries wern't "guessed" to be poisonous based on a primitive model completely guessed at that we were guessing to be accurate, although there actually were people who believed things similar, such as mixing fibers in the old testament, or

Thing about stuff like that is that you only get to be wrong once. This is one of those things.

So is the existance of god :-P
(but that hardly makes the bible a work of science)

If there is something that looks like it could be dangerous ahead, slow down. It's the only prudent approach.

I know it's hard to drive less, have a smaller vehicle, use more efficient lighting, wear a sweater and insulate your home better. These are all terrible hardships (unlike starvation when agriculture fails, because, hey, we'll all just drive to McDonalds and eat there!!).

of course that's not the solution that's usually proposed. Usually it's "everyone" needs to cut emmissions... except these countries because they're poor, oh and these countries for other reasons... oh and... aw hell, lets just cut emmissions in America and leave it at that. :-P
this space for rent

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2005, 01:55:52 PM »

Dandy wrote:

FluffyMcDeath wrote:
Gets to the point it's justifiable self defense to kill anyone who refuses to cut their emissions.

Hey- don't let George UU become aware of that - he might end up with suicide!
:evilgrin:

Emmissions would be cut more by killing all non Americans in self defence. Europe, asia, etc.... (shhh don't tell Bush, he'll get a wild hair up his butt about an environmental crusade!)
this space for rent

Offline Dandy

• Show only replies by Dandy
    • http://www.wiehltalbahn.de/en/
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2005, 07:23:52 AM »

T_Bone wrote:
Emmissions would be cut more by killing all non Americans in self defence. Europe, asia, etc.

Yes.
But please go back - lets say - 1000 years in time and *THEN* kill all non-americans.

Then today only the only the *TRUE* Americans - the Indians - would live on this planet and it might be a much better place then, if no one had to bother with bushes or so...

(assuming you were referring to US-people with "Americans" - but whats with Canada and South America then?)
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)

Offline Atheist

• Show only replies by Atheist
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2005, 01:21:11 PM »
Hi FluffyMcDeath,

Have you ever seen, anywhere, guesstimate figures of the amount of greenhouse gases that were produced, in the wars against Iraq, in 1992 and 2003? In particular, the 1992 war, where upto, what, 500+ oil wells burned out of control, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for just about one whole year. And no pollution control devices could have been applied, either.

I guess no one wants to talk about that, I'd imagine.

I've never come across any figures, but I haven't looked for any, as well.

Now they went back to take what's left.

Humans aren't fair, they don't share, or care, throws one into despair, we have no future, that's my opinion.
\\"Which would you buy? The Crappy A1200, 15 years out of date... or the Mobile Phone that I have?\\" -- bloodline
So I guess that A500, 600, 1000, 2000, CDTV, CD32, are pure garbage then? Thanks for posting here.