Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: YES!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3301 times)

Description:

Offline PMC

• Show only replies by PMC
    • http://www.b3ta.com
Re: YES!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 08:08:29 PM »

PMC wrote:

I hate to sound so vitriolic, but are there any rational adults out there who disagree with me?

Clearly then, no rational adults do disagree with me.  Messrs Fuller, Waterman, Cowell et al the public awaits your apology and subesquent suicide with barely contained anticipation.
Cecilia for President

Offline Wilse

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 08:48:21 PM »
@PMC:

Waterman does actually earn a *teency* bit of respect for the way he fooled everybody with that 'Jack your Body' track.

IIRC, it only got radio airplay because none of the DJs had a clue it was those b*stards behind it.

And yes, Busted are dreadful.

Offline Doobrey

• Show only replies by Doobrey
    • http://www.doobreynet.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 12:20:53 AM »
Now if only we could convince The Darkness to do the same..

Maybe we could setup a Paypal donation site, and hire Fat Tony to persuade them?
On schedule, and suing

Offline PMC

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 08:44:14 AM »
@Wilse,

Yeah, I see your point but I have two words for you:

Rick Astley

Not forgetting that although everyone coos over Kylie now like she's the be all and end all, it was Pete Waterman who got her belting out "I should be so lucky" wearing some truly atrocious bubble perms.

Plus he's partly responsible for this God awful Pap Idol etc phenomena where ordinary people humiliate themselves on TV for the voyeuristic gratification of others.
Cecilia for President

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2005, 01:05:13 PM »
:pint:

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2005, 02:01:05 PM »
Maybe not :pissed:

If anything at least we won't be hearing them for a while :-)
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline zudobug

• Show only replies by zudobug
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2005, 06:15:01 PM »
I don't think I've heard anything by this group. I find never listening to Radio 1 or any of the Capital FM clones helps.

However, I am exposed to this sort of rubbish when I go shopping - which is where online shopping helps :-)

Anyway, if they are on a break, I guess that is better than a split for this reason: one or more of the band members could and probably will go solo.

Pop generally sux. Try to avoid it and your life will be better :-)

-zudo
Realtime amiga.org chatting on irc.synirc.net - #amiga.org and #coffeehouse

Offline PMC

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2005, 07:50:50 PM »
Zudo, you're so right...

It's 08:05am and I get into my car for the drive to work. Radio on...  Press "1" for Radio 1:

And I get Chris Moyles being funny by taking the p#ss out of someone else (but better than Sara Cox making willy/poo/boobies jokes the whole time) followed by Blue or some "Urban" guy trying to sound all "West Coast" even though his name's Gavin and he's from Chalfont St Giles innit?  It's like having diahorrea without the exciting bits.

Okay, press "2".  Dream FM, a local station...  Oh no.

"She's an easy-y lo-ver.." Agh!  They might as well name it Phil Collins FM.  And why the f@@@ have they just followed that up with Rick Astley?

Press 3, SGR FM

"...And you too can visit Tortoise World for your choice in lumbering lettuce loving reptile.  Fun for all the family..." This is then followed by Westlife, which Mavis of Elmstead Market has requested because she thinks they're "great".  But she's nine.  And this is then followed by Dizzy Rascal.

Press 4, Vibe FM

"...I'm still Jenny from the block" Agh!  J-Lo! I cannot stand J Lo.  I'd rather eat my own hand than have to listen to her.  It doesn't get much better when Girls Aloud start up...  God, I'd kill to hear something original.

Press 5, Radio 2

Now were talking...  Some semblance of wit and satire on the radio rather than some inane idiot getting a laugh from "the thing about double decker buses is that they're crap".  However, they've gone and ruined it by playing Country and Western!

My window is down and everyone's looking at me like I'm a freak.  Indeed I must be for I loathe C&W almost as much as I loathe J Lo.  There's GOT to be something more listenable...

Press 6

"Get the freak on....." Aaaaaggggghhhhhhh!  NO!

The one person more annoying than J Lo (well, currently being played anyway ex Spice Girls don't count).

So I switch on the CD player and make do with The Best of the Doors, Dirty Vegas, my varied collection of early 90s house and Moby once again instead.
Cecilia for President

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2005, 07:59:06 PM »

PMC wrote:
So I switch on the CD player and make do with The Best of the Doors, Dirty Vegas, my varied collection of early 90s house and Moby once again instead.
Hm, here in nl there are at least two classic rock radio stations... and there are a couple of other stations with bearable music.
anyhoo I hardly listen to radio, except from certain internet radio stations (lounge radio, for instance)
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline Doobrey

• Show only replies by Doobrey
    • http://www.doobreynet.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2005, 11:50:31 PM »

PMC wrote:
It's like having diahorrea without the exciting bits.

:roflmao:
I think that`s the best description of UK radio I`ve ever heard..
 Sometimes I wonder if there is only 3 or 4 real stations, and they just play different jingles between tracks.

BTW, if you think SGR and Vibe are bad, try tuning into BBC Radio Suffolk.. it`s so mind numbingly bad , you`re in danger of falling asleep at the wheel.
 Mind you, the callers they have on are great, totally reinforcing the local stereotypes.
 The DJ asked if anyone knew what those solar panels that litter the roadside do.
 "Now we have Dave from Newmarket.."
 "I fink they`s for charging sommat up.."
 "Any idea what they charge up Dave?"
 "er...dunno, batreeees for sommat"

On schedule, and suing

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2005, 01:17:40 AM »

PMC wrote:
@Wilse,

Yeah, I see your point but I have two words for you:

Rick Astley

Not forgetting that although everyone coos over Kylie now like she's the be all and end all, it was Pete Waterman who got her belting out "I should be so lucky" wearing some truly atrocious bubble perms.

Plus he's partly responsible for this God awful Pap Idol etc phenomena where ordinary people humiliate themselves on TV for the voyeuristic gratification of others.

If you slow down any of Kylies stuff from the Waterman era, it sounds freakishly like Rick Astley.

Coincidence? I think not.... ;-)

-edit-

Oh yeah, good riddance to busted :-)
int p; // A

Offline PMC

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2005, 09:12:38 AM »
@Doobrey

:lol:

Yeah, I've listened to BBC Radio Suffolk a few times and got scared.

Problem is that with the exception of Radio 2, Vibe FM and Dream FM all the other stations do that annoying Pepsi chart thing, playing the same chart songs on a Sunday for three hours, or playing the rest during the week.  

Vibe now do their Urban chart on a Sunday, and Urban is a music genre which I even file below Country and Western in my list of pet hates.

Dream FM do a Country slot on a Sunday eve and Radio 2 is barely listenable either.  

Sunday evenings are great for listening to CDs as there's naff all on television either.

@Karlos

You have a point...  A conspiracy methinks?  I've never seen Rick Astley and Kylie in the same photo.  Maybe they're the same person...  Could be worth digging the Rickster out of retirement to duet with Ms Minogue
Cecilia for President

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2005, 09:50:16 AM »
Hello

I think there is a conference today about the whole Busted situation. As for as my sources go, Charlie boy wants to continue with his new "hardcore" band "Fightstar". He has lost interest in Busted.

Regards,
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2005, 03:42:49 PM »
Hardcore? :lol:

Actually, I've seen pictures of those guys in Thursday t-shirts. Expect faux-emo bandwagoneering in the near future. F**king evil scumbags will try to sanitise and resell anything. It's so depressing...

Offline PMC

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2005, 03:51:48 PM »
Reminds me of a conversation "back in the day" (circa 1989) with several friends, all "ravers" (ie dressed in baggy Pepe jeans, paisley hooded tops etc).

"I only ever listen to real, hardcore rave"

"What's in your walkman then?"

"Black Box".

:lol:
Cecilia for President

Offline Wilse

« Reply #29 from previous page: January 14, 2005, 08:15:18 PM »
@PMC:

Back in my Uni days (around '93 or so), a mate and I were in arecord shop in Paisley, doing our, at the time, daily record shop.

There was a nice dubby house track on the shop's hi-fi.
A wee ned walked up to the counter and said to the shopkeeper:
"Hol mate, that's music's pish. Huv ye goat any a' that bleepy stuff?
Know whit ah mean, some real f*ckin' hardcore?"

The shopkeeper, without looking up from his muso-magazine said:
"We don't sell hardcore mate but if you go down to Travis Perkins, at the bottom of the road, they've got tons of the stuff."

Ned:
"Izzat right big man? Magic, cheers." And he trooped out.

Cue hilarity from everyone else in the shop.
(Travis Perkins are builder's merchants.)