Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My evening with Commodore USA, LLC  (Read 40265 times)

Description:

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
Re: My evening with Commodore USA, LLC
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 02:32:14 AM »
Quote from: Digiman;612911
... We just need someone to build an actual Amiga of some sort (ie runs MOS/OS4) not a custom PC with pre-installed VICE/UAE emulator :roflmao:

There are many of us that consider Aros to be as much Amiga as MOS/OS4.
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 02:32:54 AM »
Quote from: KThunder;612913
Well lets say he is successful with this thing and is sincere about buying the IP. AI etc. are pretty much useless, less than useless really they have gotten in the way of others actually developing stuff for the Amiga.

Actual leadership and direction for the Amiga brand

Only Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft have the kind of R&D funds to make a true Amiga 1000 successor to be honest.

May not even be viable with their R&D too :afro:

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 02:37:10 AM »
Quote from: Digiman;612915
Only Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft have the kind of R&D funds to make a true Amiga 1000 successor to be honest.

May not even be viable with their R&D too :afro:

What you consider to be a true Amiga 1000 successor? or me, or Barry, or Franko? We all have different ideas about what a "true successor" is.

I think that is ok, I respect MOS and others, I would never buy one of them, but its fine if others do.
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline swoslover

• Show only replies by swoslover
    • http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Relictronic-Boutique
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 02:39:45 AM »
thanks for taking the time to interview him.

Things certainly seem more interesting on the Amiga front now with both the X1000 and C-USA we haven't had so much excitement in years.
A1200
CD32
A4000

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 02:41:14 AM »
@redrumloa

Thanks for that info.  It's nice to see someone on this board who actually takes the time to research and report instead of the constant negativity and trolling we receive from the same old trolls regarding CUSA.  What really amazes me are the constant attacks by the same handful of people.  They are starting to appear as if they are psychotic.

I would enjoy having one of CUSA's products on my desk, especially a PC in an A1000 case.

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 02:44:27 AM »
Quote from: KThunder;612917
What you consider to be a true Amiga 1000 successor? or me, or Barry, or Franko? We all have different ideas about what a "true successor" is.

I think that is ok, I respect MOS and others, I would never buy one of them, but its fine if others do.

I said A1000 successor not Amiga successor on purpose. The A1000 was superior and cheaper to every Mac and PC even remotely as powerful in 1985. Like I said that may not even be feasible ie to have impossible abilities at half the price of your competitors machines.

Amiga 2000 was so/so as the Archimedes was out, and A4000 was lagging behind top end PC tech within months due to relentless Intel release schedule in the 90s.

I think what everyone wanted this century was just a value for money in price AND performance MOS/OS4 compatible box. Didn't happen so here we are all still passing over on SAM 460 and X1000.

Offline mbrantley

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 02:44:50 AM »
I don't care about the brand. I care about the operating system.

All these years, all these decades, all these lost battles and causes later, what we really have that's left of the Amiga is the operating system. And the variants. It's all I care about. What this man proposes does nothing to service the market or the products I care about. But I worry that it threatens them. Does it? Could it? Could AmigaOS become collateral damage? Not an intended target, but lost anyway.

Based on this new company's previous unprofessional behavior ("borrowing" intellectual property, publicly insulting whole groups of consumers), I didn't take this seriously. But now I get a little nervous. If six figures have been spent on a keyboard/case design, there's money here.

This man could have great success with the Commodore brand name. The Amiga brand name is not nearly as valuable. I wish he would leave it and us alone.

*edited slightly for clarity.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 05:20:11 AM by mbrantley »

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 02:44:55 AM »
@Darrin

-DELETE-

Undermine what official Amiga?  There hasn't been an official Amiga since the 90s. Oh, you must mean that joke called the X1000.  The joke is on you if you're still waiting for that thing to be produced.  BTW, why do you have resort to 4-letter words in your post?  Are you not educated enough to use bigger words?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:26:27 AM by redrumloa »

Offline Terminills

• Grand Conspirator
    • Show only replies by Terminills
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 02:45:19 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;612920
@redrumloa

I would enjoy having one of CUSA's products on my desk, especially a PC in an A1000 case.

+1

I love the A1000 case... I doubt it will happen but who knows.
Support AROS sponsor a developer.

edited by mod: this has been addressed

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 02:45:25 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;612920
@redrumloa

Thanks for that info.  It's nice to see someone on this board who actually takes the time to research and report instead of the constant negativity and trolling we receive from the same old trolls regarding CUSA.  What really amazes me are the constant attacks by the same handful of people.  They are starting to appear as if they are psychotic.

Any "Troll" or "psychotic" in particular you'd care to name... :)

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 02:47:55 AM »
Quote from: Franko;612926
Any "Troll" or "psychotic" in particular you'd care to name... :)

They know who they are......and so do the sane individuals!  LOL

Offline number6

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 02:50:38 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;612887
If Commodore USA is able to execute on their current vision and suggested partners, things will get very interesting. While Commodore USA is currently a licensee for the Commodore and Amiga name, the intention is to own these companies outright one day and to be a publicly traded company on a major exchange.

Lofty goal indeed. I don't think Red or Dammy will be able to answer this one, but here's a question regardless:

The last news release from Asiarim indicating their intent regarding C=USA:
"The License Agreement is for an initial period of approximately 3 years, provided that certain financial and sales commitments are met, and can be renewed subject to fulfillment of certain sales targets and financial commitments."

Has Barry discussed with Ben van Wijhe the option of a buyout, given that the above indicates an entirely different plan from Asiarim's perspective in September, 2010.

source

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 02:52:56 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;612927
They know who they are......and so do the sane individuals!  LOL

Well I know who I am so that rules me out, as for sane individuals... Amiga + Sane Individuals equals the same thing... :)

It's the rest of the the world that's insane... ;)

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 02:54:21 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;612924
@Darrin

Undermine what official Amiga?  There hasn't been an official Amiga since the 90s. Oh, you must mean that joke called the X1000.  The joke is on you if you're still waiting for that thing to be produced.  BTW, why do you have resort to 4-letter words in your post?  Are you not educated enough to use bigger words?

No, I mean OS 4 and ANY hardware it runs on.  Trolls like you can  back to where you came from along with this weasel and his cases.  Got it?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:13:16 AM by Argo »
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 02:56:47 AM »
I'll admit, a fairly decent PC in a case looking almost completely like a C64 does have my interest. It'd be a wicked nice looking thing to sit on a computer table.

Not yet interested in the "amiga" stuff. If they end up with a nice amiga like UI for linux, Id have interest, and I'd at least consider a PC in a replica A1200 or A500 case.

It wont be an amiga, but itd be fun to own.

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #29 from previous page: February 06, 2011, 02:58:50 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;612932
No, I mean OS 4 and ANY hardware it runs on.  Trolls like you can fuck off back to where you came from along with this weasel and his cases.  Got it -DELETED-

Wow, with a vocabulary like that, I bet you make your momma proud!  And she said as much to me when you were being conceived, dimwit.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:30:37 AM by redrumloa »