Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology Acquires Amiga.org  (Read 29099 times)

Description:

Offline Nlandas

• Show all replies
Re: A-EON Technology Acquires Amiga.org
« on: June 13, 2014, 05:49:08 PM »
Quote from: zylesea;766385
Can't help, but don't feel too comfortable with this take over. I know (well, guess to be precise) Trevor has good intentions, but there are issues on this board where interests collide. I mean if some guy asks what system to get and I suggest a Mac mini or some other an el cheapo x86 for AROS this is in direct conflict with Trevor's or Amikit's business. And they own the site now.

IMHO a site like A.org shouldn't be backed up by a company that actually _has_ a particular agenda. It loses independence - even if this loss may be unintended, but nevertheless it does.

Let's wait and see if any "censorship" of discussion occurs based on corporate interests before we worry too much about it. I for one think that the new owners fully understand that in order to have a vibrant Amiga Community they need to allow open discussion of people's opinions of what works best for their classic and modern Amiga experience.

I for one would still love to see some magic happen with new products that continue to make the platform more viable in the modern marketplace but I also love and follow the nostalgia retro computing part of the Amiga market.

I think our new owners are in a position to understand this and not take a heavy hand with moderation when people might say something like you describe. Let's give them a chance.

By their actions shall you know them.

Onward,
-Nyle
I think, Therefore - Amiga....