Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology Acquires Amiga.org  (Read 29121 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show all replies
Re: A-EON Technology Acquires Amiga.org
« on: June 13, 2014, 02:48:59 AM »
Presumably the "amiga community" are users of the classic Amiga systems, plus the next gen Amiga replacements like aOS 4.x, Morphos, AROS, plus the emulators (both soft like UAE and hard like fpga arcade).  I don't know about the Anubis/ARIX folks, but they seem to have returned to hiding so it may not be an issue.

Quote from: kickstart;766387
"support and expand amiga comunity"

Who is "the amiga comunity"? not aeon, aeon make a "not so amiga" with a poor interest for most amiga users, thats the reality not negativity.

If anyone plan to make money for aeon with this forum just tell it, maybe many users dont like this and want another forums for users.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 12:33:58 AM »
It's AmigaONE X1000, the Amiga name in computers still belongs to Amiga Inc.  

That aside Trevor understands the depth of his market.  Yes £1700 is a lot but there are those who are willing to pay it.  Trevor made a desktop in an extremely niche market, at a time when the desktop market is saturated and in decline and made a few quid on it, that is nothing short of amazing.

Let's give him a chance with Amiga.org before attacking.

Quote from: klx300r;766682
@ OlafS3

seriously I know you to be more level headed then that.  Those 'views' are the reason many OS4.x users don't dare even bother with this site in the past.

yet another example, I love using my Amiga 1000 regularly too so now I go to a site and post a question specific to the A1000 and then some person posts his 'views' as follows:

Amiga 1000 is a big huge monstrous dud. 3k? 512Kb chip ram is a bad joke by now.

or,

Amiga 1000 is Worst option forward. Just one guys opinions.

or                
                 Everyday use amiga systems now forming... but its aeros and aros and Morphos leading that charge now...

----------------------------------------------------------------

well do you think that Amiga 1000 user would feel welcome here and what would he say to others about such a site??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 04:29:34 AM »
Quote from: amigacooke;766958
Disappointing to see that the Amiga community, even as it shrinks to the point of oblivion, is still infighting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]