Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology Acquires Amiga.org  (Read 29119 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: A-EON Technology Acquires Amiga.org
« on: June 12, 2014, 11:44:15 PM »
I can't help but notice the silence from the previous owner. It says a lot.

I have 3 questions:

Why did he sell it? How much did he sell it for? And why the silence?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 12:51:57 AM »
Can we have the option of having the entire website automatically translated with gizoogle?

http://www.gizoogle.net/tranzizzle.php?search=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amiga.org%2Findex.php&se=Go+Git+Dis+Shiznit

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 01:26:20 AM »
This thread is hilarious! All these conspiracy theories!  :laughing:

I'm curious. Do you guys think we landed on the moon or do you think it was faked?

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 01:38:04 AM »
Quote from: Terminills;766526
Not sure maybe?  I still want to know if it's made of cheese though.

Btw maybe your cat doesn't like you because it's not really a cat but a guinea pig?  Just saying it's possible. :P

To be honest I'm starting to think that C A T really spells dog - that fur-ball never really did like that scratching post i bought it.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 01:39:38 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;766528
It's widely known that the U.S. government hired Stanley Kubrick to fake the moon landing. It was just that Kubrick was such an infamous perfectionist that he did it on the Moon.

That's funny!

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 06:45:11 AM »
Quote from: TrevorDick;766555
Tax write off. I'm not sure what that really means in this case? Amiga.org bills have to be paid whoever owns the website.

TrevorD

I don't understand that statement either.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 09:44:52 AM »
Earning trust should be priortised as there is very little of it in the  Amiga market/community and this is made even more important as it is  small.

My suggestion is to make this forum transparent in how it is doing things especially when it comes to money. For example how it is payed for and where donation money goes, etc. Also any issues/conversations that are going on behind the scenes between mods and owners could be made public to allow forum users a chance to debate/participate in the running of the site.

This also applies to AEON as well. AEON is arguably the leaders in the Amiga market/community. The problem with the Amiga market/community is a complete lack of trust and faith that involves any corporate activity. For example C=USA. I think the best thing AEON could do as market leaders is to gain the trust of the community by offering as much transparency as possible.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 12:05:12 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;766597
What I do not like on other forums is that moderators are like gods. They ban people how they like and if you say something you can be banned too. No transparency, often it seems like they do what they want, if f.e. two persons are discussing one person is banned and the other not (and both are equal guilty) without any justification. Amiga.org has TOS too but they were much more tolerant than most other sites (expecially those from the NG community). Now here are the same moderators than on those sites, that I have the fear that the moderation here will be the same than there is hopefully understandable.

Simply complaining about the problem doesn't fix the problem. Maybe here is your cue to put your hand up as a new moderator? If you are not prepared to be a part of the solution you shouldn't complain about it  :)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 12:49:17 PM »
Hi, there is a glitch on the home page in the stats section you should take a look at. It's showing secret moderator threads we are not supposed to see so i thought i should report it (but not before i had fun reading them). For example: amigadave is getting hammered on his birthday so he wont be around, moderation policies, amigadave is coming back because he likes the new owners, etc.

Also thanks for clearing out the spam blogs.