Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: apple great desing  (Read 10844 times)

Description:

Offline TheDaddy

• Show all replies
    • http://www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Re: apple great desing
« on: September 15, 2012, 09:14:27 AM »
So funny teasing Apple...  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZwFgqwzFDU

"IFhone Cincooooo"

"Bullsh**! It's the same phone as before"

"Not true,it's got a new power cord"

"We switched the dock up arbitrarily, so I hope you like buyin' new accessories"

"Plus the screen's two millimiters taller, that's gotta be worth at least 400 dollars!"

"I have a turtleneck for you!"

:D

Offline TheDaddy

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:25:16 PM »
Quote from: B00tDisk;708483
I have an HTC phone with a bigger screen and faster CPU than an iphone, a Nexus 7 tablet, etc.

No Apple gear in my house.

Steve Jobs was an awful, awful person and there's no way I'd willingly and directly line his coffers further.

As an actual computing enthusiast there's nothing Apple has to offer me.  Despite stealing an open-source OS their works are closed up tighter than a snake's butt, both software and hardware wise.  Especially hardware wise.  Once upon a time, Apple made stuff you could tinker in and get expansions for.  But then, I dunno, around '84 or so Jobs took the brown acid and started turning out hermetically sealed computers and physically threatening engineers to tried to make the original Mac expandable.  Apple fired his child-neglecting ass and released the Macintosh-II and other systems with actual expandability.  Then he came back, slobbered all over Ive's Little Blue Toilet and the rest is history.

Fun facts: he demanded some expensive-as-hell motorcycle and piano be put on display in the main Apple campus supposedly as examples of great design (excuse me, desing) but the truth was the motorcycle was there because he broke the clutch cable because he didn't know how to ride a performance bike and he pushed it into the lobby in a fit of pique, then convinced himself he could be a piano virtuoso and when that didn't work out had the piano dumped there next to it.  As a matter of course he always parked in the handicapped spots next to the front door because, hey, "**** you I'm Steve Jobs".  Nobody in his entire ******* company had the guts to stand up for someone who might actually need the spot and call the cops to have him towed or even ticketed.

He raped Wozniak's ideas time and again, ripped Wozniak off, and once Woz hit a bad time due to his plane crash injuries Jobs actually physically threw him out of the company.  One of Jobs' first acts as Apple Dictator For Life (well...his life!) when he came back to the company was to end all contributions by Apple to various charities.

Jobs wasn't an ******* he was the ******* and I won't have a dime of my money directly going to his legacy.  Oh and before anyone says YEAH BUT HE WAS SUCCESSFUL AND WELL KNOWN THE WORLD OVER so was Charles Manson and that's not precisely what I'd consider admirable behavior.

Made my day! :)

Thanks!

Offline TheDaddy

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 02:43:31 PM »
I can't stand Apple because:

1) They are patronising (what is with those awkward adverts where THE designer explains to you (in his soft voice) what they have done and the difference between 0.5mm and 1mm thickness, "BUY THIS, it's good for you" ah, and their turtlenecks! ARGH!

2) They have this close, elitist mentality which gets on my nerves, the kids and those mad people rushing outside the shops, camping for hours, madness, what a dodgy cult.

3) Only after a lot of noise from users/customers they decided to do "something" towards the working conditions of their factories

4) Steve Jobs...it's been said enough about the man.

5) I use Apple products (imacs etc...) and I have access to an iphone and to be honest they aren't that great, they are good but not great

6) Hype and overpriced

I might do the same with my computer case, going to put a nice, black turtleneck on and price it at £500, there. :)

Oh and I forgot, who spends £500+ for a phone? A phone! :D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 02:49:16 PM by TheDaddy »

Offline TheDaddy

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 03:10:31 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;708599
1. Advertising is advertising... At least Apple don't lie (and get caught out!) like Nokia did in their last Advert!

2. Lol!! We are Amiga users and above all that ;)

3. I want to call you out on this one, at least Apple are doing something about working conditions... None of the other tech companies (who all use the same factories) have bothered to do anything!

4. The guy was an a$$hole, but he did what he had to for Apple to survive... Think of how all the other computer companies were destroyed... Commodore, Atari, Sinclair, Acorn, Digital, Sun, the list goes on...

5. A computer is a tool, it's as good as the person using it know how to get the best out of it.

6. Hype, is that another term for Marketing? Overpriced, yes in the PPC days... Now definitely not! :)

1) Creepy, patronising advertising is creepy, patronising advertising. Apple don't lie? Really?  I understand you defending it because you are an Apple user but please Apple has been telling porkies since the '70s, first home computer, first this, first that.

3) They are doing something because they got caught out. Other companies have been implementing better working conditions for years

4) I give you that, SJ did ALL he could to save Apple, ALL he could. Created this aura of sainthood about Apple. Great marketeer though.

6) They are overpriced, all Apple products cost a lot more. It's absurd. Also "Apple people" really believe that they are spending more for the "quality", wow!

Just buy, don't ask why ;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:24:34 PM by TheDaddy »

Offline TheDaddy

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 03:21:49 PM »
Quote from: persia;708601
@TheDaddy

Yet there are some on this board that will plunk down £1,700 on a desktop that isn't as powerful as the £500 phone.  People will buy what they want to buy.  You don't like iPhones, don't buy iPhones, personally I don't have time for the hate, but whatever floats your boat.

Computers in a keyboard were an idea who's time has come and gone, if you think you can hawk them with a turtleneck, by all means try.  But I won't be queuing for one anytime soon.  

Yes, part of the appeal of Apple is Apple itself, but, even they couldn't sell a keyboard computer in 2013...  There's an element of timeliness in all of Apple's products.  An iPhone 5 in 2023 won't even merit a "meh," but by then they'll be on to something else anyway.

See the difference is, these people spend £1700 on a X1000 because they like the idea of using OS4. They love the idea of continuing with Amiga. At the moment OS4 runs on SAMs and X1000 (which is the fastest machine). Had OS4 been available for other machines they would have spent less or even more, depending on the machine.

You're right there, I don't like iphones and anything to do with Apple, I have used the stuff, it leaves me cold. I have little time to dedicate to the Apple piss taking, not as much as I'd like to though :D

Computers in a keyboard were all the rage in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Like Minis were all the rage in the 60s and 70s. You can still buy Minis, although in different clothing and made by BMW.

I'll sell my computer case in a keyboard without a turtleneck, pretty sure I'd get sued by Apple, for stealing "the " image! :)

I am sure Apple could sell turds rolled in expensive glitter and sprayed in Chanel n5 and people would still buy it because there are those people around.

Hopefully they'll be gone by 2023 ;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:56:25 PM by TheDaddy »