Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: apple great desing  (Read 10769 times)

Description:

Offline kickstartTopic starter

• Show only replies by kickstart
Re: apple great desing
« Reply #74 from previous page: September 18, 2012, 05:56:20 PM »
@bloodline

Apple makes you blind and your opinions arent fair.

@thedaddy

Now apple quality is worse, at least on ppc days machines were better build.
a1200 060

Offline zylesea

• Show only replies by zylesea
    • http://www.via-altera.de
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2012, 10:04:25 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;708572
Sorry to break it to you guys but i am seriously comtemplating buying an iphone5 next week when they come out. My reasons are:

1 - I need a new phone. My Blackberry is about shot. It is 2G internet only (useless for internet), crap reception, broken buttons, cracked screen, annoying design flaws, Etc.

2 - I have decided on either a Samsung Galaxy s3 or an iphone5. Tough one. But i think i am leaning over to the iphone. Here's why:

I'm sick of everybody dissing Apple for everything. Today i watched on Youtube comparisons between the Galaxy 3 and the iphone 4s and then read the comments below. It's all filled with hate comments against Apple. I can't decide who is worse, the Apple fanbhoys or the haters? I think at the moment there are definitely more haters than lovers of Apple. If you ask me it's getting a little tiresome. Mention Apple then the haters come flying in from all directions with abuse at the mere mention of Apple. I dislike Apple as much as any hater but and i am going to get the iphone just to annoy the haters. They are starting to get on my nerves  :rant:

I'd wait for release of the Nokia Lumia 920. From what I've seen I think WP8 seems rather good (who thought that I would ever say so...) and you don't need to do everything via the cloud (local sync, local apps), the cam is probaly pretty good and if you happen to live in an area where it isn't always warm it will be a huge plus that you actually will be able to use the touchsreen with gloves. And I like the fresh colours.

On the end of day it will not matter anyway which one you'll get, they are all working.

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2012, 10:48:58 PM »
WP8 is heavily cloud based, integrated SkyDrive and all that.

That being said, it's a sharp looking phone, but the software on the PC for it stinks.

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2012, 12:16:45 AM »
I don't the Zune phone will sell any better than it has, about 2% of the market. We shall see I guess.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline toRus

• Show only replies by toRus
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2012, 12:20:20 AM »
Jobs was not a fool. Just because he was not one of the thousands of software/hardware developers he hired does not make him stupid or irrelevant in the technology business. Just because he was not the top stock holder in the company he co-funded and managed for several years does not mean he was yet another employee. Call him megalomaniac, selfish, cruel, etc but he made excellent decisions for his companies and he forced his own ideas and philosophy into a company that, unlike the competition, strives to promote "quality" and maintain a good corporate image. Jobs wanted Apple to be like Sony, only better/cooler, Bill Gates wanted Microsoft to be like IBM, only smarter and more bloodthirsty, Samsung just wants to make a profit even if it only comes from selling AA batteries. They don't care as much about marketing and promoting innovation and design as far as they can sell in bunches and cheaper.

Apple is a lame company but no more than Samsung, HTC, et al. It IS an evil company (towards both consumers and the opposition) but probably less than what Google is nowdays and certainly looks like an angel compared to Microsoft or Intel.

Nevertheless, I would never touch anything Microsoft (thus Nokia is out of the question) but I have chosen Samsung Galaxy smartphones instead for example iPhones because I prefer to develop in Java rather than Objective-C. Still, my SGS3 sucks and it's not only Android's fault.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2012, 12:34:19 AM »
Plus, Windows Phone 8 is securely locked down like iOS.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2012, 12:52:39 AM »
Quote from: toRus;708635
but probably less than what ...

yeah, right. tell that to a Foxconn employee.
Apple uses slave labor.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2012, 03:18:21 AM »
What's SysAdmin?

Pyromania? Bot? :confused:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2012, 03:50:23 AM »
Foxconn accounts for something like 40% of the consumer electronics being sold. It's inescapable.
It has nothing to do with Apple, it's all of us.

We chose lives that are held up by slave labour, but we pretend that "moral shopping" and brand loyalty will make it okay.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2012, 04:50:08 PM »
Yep, it's virtually impossible to buy a bit of tech gear that doesn't have some foxconn connection.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2012, 05:39:36 PM »
Quote from: persia;708693
Yep, it's virtually impossible to buy a bit of tech gear that doesn't have some foxconn connection.

Ever take a look at who made the connectors on the back of your Amiga?

Offline Iggy

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2012, 12:10:57 AM »
Quote from: runequester;708654
Foxconn accounts for something like 40% of the consumer electronics being sold. It's inescapable.
It has nothing to do with Apple, it's all of us.

We chose lives that are held up by slave labour, but we pretend that "moral shopping" and brand loyalty will make it okay.

OK, you and Persia have made me reach for the first beer of the day.
That's depressing stuff.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline zylesea

• Show only replies by zylesea
    • http://www.via-altera.de
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2012, 12:30:35 AM »
Quote from: persia;708693
That was one of those things I really liked on the bplan ppc hardware - it was made in Germany. Probably that would have changed if only production runs would have been bigger. But as they were these boards were products made a few kilometers away from me.

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2012, 01:01:41 AM »
Quote from: B00tDisk;708487
You're quite welcome.  I really, really don't ****ing well like Steve Jobs.  At.  All.  In a better world, Microsoft would have let them die in the 1990s.

Bill Gates didn't kill Apple in the 90's, 'cos he was smart enough to know that if they were gone, Microsoft really would *BE* a monopoly and they would have torn his company to pieces.

Jobs, is, was and will always be, a douche! Personally, I kinda wish I was old enough to be working for Apple during their heyday. If that SOB got in *MY* face and slammed me up against a wall for working 19 hours straight and "not producing" anything, I would have smiled and said "that's assault - I never gave you permission to physically touch me" and slammed him with a major lawsuit.

The best thing about it is, many people that had quit previously would have heard about the lawsuit and probably jumped on, making it a class-action suit. Once that happened, the board at Apple would be going "Here, take this money. Settle out of court."

But my attitude and mentality would have been "Nope. I don't want your money. I want his head."

I met him once. He was a prick to even his fans...... I have zero respect for him. Apple, I have a little, but until they prove to me that they're not following in the footsteps of their "Messiah", I'm not interested in any product they have to offer......
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2012, 01:09:47 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;708652
What's SysAdmin?

Pyromania? Bot? :confused:

Yes

Offline Iggy

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2012, 01:31:21 AM »
Quote from: Methuselas;708731
Bill Gates didn't kill Apple in the 90's, 'cos he was smart enough to know that if they were gone, Microsoft really would *BE* a monopoly and they would have torn his company to pieces.

Jobs, is, was and will always be, a douche! Personally, I kinda wish I was old enough to be working for Apple during their heyday. If that SOB got in *MY* face and slammed me up against a wall for working 19 hours straight and "not producing" anything, I would have smiled and said "that's assault - I never gave you permission to physically touch me" and slammed him with a major lawsuit.

The best thing about it is, many people that had quit previously would have heard about the lawsuit and probably jumped on, making it a class-action suit. Once that happened, the board at Apple would be going "Here, take this money. Settle out of court."

But my attitude and mentality would have been "Nope. I don't want your money. I want his head."

I met him once. He was a prick to even his fans...... I have zero respect for him. Apple, I have a little, but until they prove to me that they're not following in the footsteps of their "Messiah", I'm not interested in any product they have to offer......

Ah, someone with an unclouded view of what a complete a**hole this guy was.