Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is Amiga Emulation better than the real thing?  (Read 19073 times)

Description:

Offline foleyjo

• Show all replies
Re: Is Amiga Emulation better than the real thing?
« on: April 24, 2008, 12:04:10 PM »
I prefer the real thing because I can be playing a game on my Amiga before my PC boots up.

I also like the sounds of the drives and the lights flashing at me.

I like pressing A+A+CTRL rather than F12 and clicking reser.

I like the fact that when Ive finished playing my game I can simply turn it off without the need of waiting for a shutdown.

I like the fact that the hardware looks like its been cared for especially when compared to some yellow or broken amigas that Ive seen.

I dont mind emulators. I use winuae to test things that Ive got off T'internet before transfering them over to the Amiga

Offline foleyjo

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 10:46:54 AM »

motorollin wrote:
So I repeat: "better" is subjective. Only you know what is better for your needs.

Most intelligent thing said in this thread.

People are comparing speeds, sound quality, graphic quality etc but to be honest even if there was an undisputable 100% accurate Amiga emulator for PC some people will still prefer using a real Amiga just because they like to have a real amiga.

Im a bit of a collector so Ill always take the real thing over emulation.
Imagine if a stamp collector instead of getting stamps just got photos of stamps

Offline foleyjo

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 11:59:25 AM »

coldfish wrote:
UAE4all on GP2X = sublime.

Handheld Amiga Fun!

IMO, "better" than the real thing.

Even though its not compatable with every game, it isnt 100% full speed, EHB and Ham modes are not supported and the gp2x batteries can run out while halfway through a game without warning?????

Its good but its not better

Offline foleyjo

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 10:28:26 AM »
@coldfish

Yeah Ive tried it. I have it on an SD card and do use it on my GP2X and do like using it but I think its far from better than the real thing.

bte,
-I found that games that worked previously stopped working in the most recent version. I also remember seeing a post or 2 on the Gp2X forums saying the same.
-the fact is a real amiga can do EHB and HAM modes making it better.
-Ive got good batteries they last for ages on everything but the amiga emulator just drains them.
-In addition you cant play Walker properly on the GP2X

I agree that its good having a handheld A500 (+the others and some you didnt mention) but to be fair the gp2x amiga emulator is not better than real thing

Offline foleyjo

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:16:17 PM »
@coldfish

I use WHDLoad on my amiga and its been a long time since Ive used a floppy (except to check if something works before it goes on ebay)

So using your argument would the GP2X playstation emulator be better than a real playstation??

Offline foleyjo

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »
I was obviously referring to your argument that being handheld alone makes it better