Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaKit Secures AMITCP 4 Distribution Agreement  (Read 7079 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: AmigaKit Secures AMITCP 4 Distribution Agreement
« on: September 02, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »
I thought it was GPL+BSD code?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:51:29 PM »
Quote from: LoadWB;746843
This.  I've purchased Roadshow and it performs VERY well.

It's the best stack out there IMO. That includes all other 68k stacks, AROS and MorphOS.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 07:29:46 PM »
Quote from: Matt_H;746851
That's v3. v4 is commercial.

What does it offer over any of the stacks derived from v3 or over Roadshow?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 10:45:36 AM »
Quote from: mfilos;746882
I also don't know as I haven't tried Roadshow yet, but in a thread over EAB Jens replied the following:

Interesting!

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 11:38:31 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;747036
@MetalGuy66

When I want to benchmark something I just download a large file with a good FTP program, sometimes off the internet or maybe off another machine on the network if the connection is fast enough that the internet may be a bottleneck. That's as good a benchmark as needed, really.

+1

I always use FTP across my LAN in both directions to test the speed of a particular piece of hardware or IP stack.

So far Roadshow is the fastest of all the various 68k and PPC stacks I've used but I am yet to try Jens' suggested tweaks to AmiTCP.