Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaKit Secures AMITCP 4 Distribution Agreement  (Read 7085 times)

Description:

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
Re: AmigaKit Secures AMITCP 4 Distribution Agreement
« on: September 02, 2013, 05:42:52 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;746840
How does AmiTCP 4 compare to the latest Roadshow, in features and performance?

This.  I've purchased Roadshow and it performs VERY well.

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 01:59:02 PM »
At the very least this is an opportunity for some who have a copy of AmiTCP 4 to go legit.  I am intrigued by Jen's comment on performance, and considering that AmiTCP seems to be rather mature I don't see its development status as an issue.  EasyNet's wireless capabilities have piqued my curiosity, as well, as I have a 1200 which could be more easily portable with wireless scanning and configuration.

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 07:27:12 PM »
Quote from: pVC;746926
And internet is quite versatile nowadays.. it's hard to make any real world tests. You never know what kind of routes data comes and is for example window scaling or other new feature needed for the best speed etc...

I think you meant "volatile," but I get your meaning nonetheless.  Yes, this is what I try to explain to people when they run Internet speed tests.  These tests are not always reliable, though reliable enough in many circumstances.  For instance, ComCast houses a number of speedtest.net servers, which will produce much better results than servers outside of the ComCast network.  Especially with the peering point issues which exist with AS45-whatever and Qwest.

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 05:31:22 AM »
Quote from: kolla;747080
WPA normally means "WPA2 Enterprise" these days, but I'm guessing you all mean WPA-PSK. Right?

In the absences of PSK being specifically mentioned, I would say "yes."  I seriously doubt a home environment, and thus our hobby Amigas, would have the functionality let alone the need for 802.1x or RADIUS-based authentication.  Enterprise would require some SSL libraries, as well.

(I know from using the driver that WPA/WPA2 worked via a pre-shared key, so I automatically exclude "enterprise" as an option.)

If otherwise, I would be happily surprised.  I run 802.1x in my home environment because I have a home office and I keep my work systems connected via a VLAN.  I just wish I could get a RADIUS server working properly on my Solaris system.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:33:34 AM by LoadWB »

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 07:18:20 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;747277
EasyNet is bundled with all our X-Surf 100 network cards so you can get started straight away.  We will have a new update to EasyNet this week which adds configuration options for the X-Surf 100

So, to make sure I fully understand, you are saying the X-Surf 100, the badest-ass native Amiga Zorro network card to ever exist*, comes with a full TCP/IP stack and graphical configuration interface?

* Debate is beyond the scope of this post and left as an exercise for the reader, but most assuredly merits further fully-funded government research.