Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Inc lost the trademark to "Amiga" on January 3rd, 2003  (Read 17616 times)

Description:

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
Re: Amiga Inc lost the trademark to "Amiga" on January 3rd, 2003
« Reply #194 from previous page: June 05, 2003, 05:22:15 PM »

Tomas wrote:
I must say this is pretty childish of you guys... specially bbrv... I was actually considering a peg+mos when i managed to dig up some money... but not after this.. GROW UP

I wasnt going to buy a pegasos or mos regardless of what bbrv said.. I want the real thing.. AOS 4 running on the A1.

zee4 said:
"There are some hard-core Amiga-haters here, and I'm sure there are some financial motives behind Amiga.org's drift to an anti-Amiga slant (check who pays some of the the moderator's salaries), but I'm sure it's only short term. "

I'm sure there are Amiga haters here but I could care less what they think.  I dont know of any drift to anti-amiga on A.org..otherwise, I myself would spill the beans and get banned for it. LOL   I dont know of any moderator being paid on this site. That is the stupidest thing you've posted so far.  

PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline alx

« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2003, 05:27:50 PM »
@Vincent

Oops!  With all the comments here, I'd managed to completely miss that :roll:

Just to be pedantic, I'd still say that this is more suited for "Software issues and discussion" than "Amiga OS Development" - but since everyone will get at it from the front page, than it doesn't really matter.

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2003, 05:30:16 PM »

alx wrote:
@Vincent

Oops!  With all the comments here, I'd managed to completely miss that :roll:

I'm not surprised :-D
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Re: Amiga Inc host the trademark to "Amiga" on January 3rd, 2003
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2003, 05:37:38 PM »
I'd have to agree with zudo, bad news for Amiga Inc is good news for Genesi, which is the direction A.o is always leaning towards.

BZZZT wrong.

Don't ASSUME because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U & ME.

This is the thing I was talking about seeing reality a little off center.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline zee4

• Show only replies by zee4
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2003, 05:42:23 PM »
I am here trying desperately to save what is left of the Amiga community

@Wayne,

Good luck, I don't think there's much of a community to save anymore. I think most of us have fond memories of that community from 10-15 years ago, but most of us have moved on.

True, there are people who are trying to bring the "Amiga" back, but you have to relize that limiting the Amiga to the desktop is self-defeating. Amiga for me was as much about the people as the technology. After all, most of us relize that that the technolgy angle was in serious trouble by 1990.

This brings us to the alternatives- I simply find nothing interesting in desktop alternatives that fall short of Linux in many areas. Amiga Forever/Amithlon are fine, but at it's core it's UAE, which you can run on a PC, a PDA or even some phones. It's existance simple illustrates how far behind the Amiga is today.

At some point these "alternatives" are going to have to show what makes them worthy of calling them real alternatives. I've looked at MorphOS's reviews, I've looked at AmigaOS4's specs, and I don't see much in the the current incarnations that would excite an Linux user (maybe a Windows user might be impressed with the boot time).

That's why I got into the AmigaDE stuff, which is real; it's not a replacment desktop OS, that was investigated, and rightly rejected. It's fun OS to program with a very supportive community. In some ways more AmigaOS-like than monkeying around with DirectX. This makes sense- the people who wrote it (both at Tao and Amiga) started off on the Amiga. Now I don't know what qualifies a product as Amiga, but having Amiga people all over it and the Amiga name on it sound like a fair definition. Maybe there's some kind of communistic "Amiga purity" test they skipped, but I'm not aware of one.

Like it or not, DE is also going to provide the funding to keep Amiga Inc. going more so than a few thousand AmigaHeads buying OS4. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I doubt mine and a few hundred others are going to do it.

...yes, I lied about those when I was an Amiga Inc cheerleader...

I appreciate your efforts in keeping Amiga.org going, but since you missled for Amiga (Inc.) before...

Zoltan

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2003, 05:42:39 PM »
Guess what? Locky locky time. You know why too. :-x

Offline MayhemMaybe

• Show only replies by MayhemMaybe
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2003, 05:49:40 PM »
I don't follow these things as well as you all apparently try to do so I had no idea there was a difference between Amiga Inc and Amiga Development.

I'm just a lowly computer user waiting for AOS4. I had already decided Pegasos I, II, etc/Morphos to be things I would not be purchasing,  I just don't see a future in them and already have enough 'orphans' without buying new ones, so no amount of bad attitude from people involved in it really mattered there. If OS4 never comes out, no skin off my back and only $50 out of my pocket which I would just have wasted some other way I'm sure. I've already made it back by not going to more than 5 movies that turned out to be crap anyways, buying some used DVDs instead of new ones and a myriad of other ways.

It would seem that anyone owning the rights to Serial Number 73571532  would be able to contest anyone else using the Amiga name for a computer. My guess would be, that went to Escom, then Gateway with Amiga Inc having a right to use it.

All in all I don't see any value in any of the discussion here. Never have, still don't.
When a wrong remains a wrong a right remains a right
Darkness is darkest just before the light so keep strong
The road is rough, the road is tough, the road is long
On it alone or with a group either way
as long as one stays on it...
There will b...

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2003, 05:57:04 PM »
Hmmm, ok, my last post was deleted, so I'll just post it again.  It's not slanderous, or personal attacks, it's the way I see things here.

@redrumloa

Everytime A.Inc is in the same thread as Wayne, I always see Wayne put them down (with good reason).

Everytime I see Wayne and BBRV in the same thread as each other all I see is praise (they do have a product out, but I can't see that being the only reason).  Maybe it's got something to do with getting PayPal money from BBRV, I don't know.

But Wayne certainly has it in for Amiga Inc.  Anyone who's seen his posts are bound to see the same thing.

Don't ASSUME because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U & ME.

I WASN'T ASSUMING anything!  I was simply saying what I saw.

Wayne's done a good job of keeping this site open with all the problems, but there's no reason for him to aggressively attack A.Inc everytime they are mentioned.

I might be going from here sooner than BBRV getting Amiga's name if this is the way it'll continue.

Don't worry, if I go I won't let the door hit my ass on the way out. ;-)
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2003, 05:58:34 PM »
It was supposedly locked, you got passed, it's locked again.