Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why are PPC so hard to post???????  (Read 1011 times)

Description:

Offline Peter_sTopic starter

• Show only replies by Peter_s
Why are PPC so hard to post???????
« on: April 11, 2004, 01:59:02 AM »
Hey guys

I guess my question is why are PPC cards so hard to post???
I Saw another topic like this about members here buying PPC cards and waiting weeks for the seller to post them,  I myself bought a PPC card of ebay over 2 weeks ago from england and its still not arrived even tho the cheque cleared weeks ago, I've been incontact with the seller and just keep getting told storys.  So Im gonna give him till friday to have the PPC card here in my beloved amiga.  If not I'll be asking for a refund,  So what do you guys recommend the next stage should be if I have hassle getting a refund from this seller.

Amiga1200 in PT c/w 3.1 roms,40gig hd,blizzard ppc 060/160mhz 144megs,os3.9,mediator sx,Voodoo3 2000,Sb sound card,pin pctv rave card,SVGA 17\\" monitor,internal scan doubler and sony cdr

Offline Ryu

• Show only replies by Ryu
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com
Re: Why are PPC so hard to post???????
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 02:19:25 AM »
thats why my PPC system im selling is collection only and why i dont sell on ebay. I sell my amiga things to other amiga users who is going to use and love what im selling even if it means I dont get as much as i possibly could for the gear...
Yours
Darren aka Ryu
-----------------------------
www.IntuitionBase.com
My Amiga 1200 webserver

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 02:28:18 AM »
Thats a very good point Ryu, If I ever sold any off my amiga stuff I would prefer it to go to someone as you said who is going to use and love what im selling. I still have along way to go to build up the system I'm wanting and this has kind of put me off buying from ebay.  Have we got a section on amiga.org for members to buy and sell???????atleast this way, you know who's getting your parts
Amiga1200 in PT c/w 3.1 roms,40gig hd,blizzard ppc 060/160mhz 144megs,os3.9,mediator sx,Voodoo3 2000,Sb sound card,pin pctv rave card,SVGA 17\\" monitor,internal scan doubler and sony cdr

Offline Will-i-am

• Show only replies by Will-i-am
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 02:35:30 PM »
I got both my A4000D w/Cyberstorm PPC/060 and the Tower version of the same as gifts from a buddy. I want to put a Toaster in one of them and have been looking at eBay. Should I think twice about buying Amiga stuff thru eBay or is it just the Cyberstorms that never show up? Gee, the baking powder submarine showed up in just a few days!

Offline AltRN8

• Show only replies by AltRN8
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 03:53:51 PM »
Why aren't you guys selling me a PPC card for my 4000!
Seriously I can totally understand selling your stuff only to other amiga users to make sure the stuff doesn't get junked or closeted.

I have bought tons of stuff from amiga stuff on e-bay and have never had a problems but some might say I am the lucky one. In fact I think eveyr amiga I have owned/own came from e-bay except for two of my A500s.

It can be scary buying stuff from e-bay because folks claim sold AS IS because of age alot. I tend only to buy from people who guarentee no DOA.

So who has a PPC to sell me ;)

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 03:56:58 PM »
Or, does anyone want to be my buddy and give me a CSPPC...

:lol:
I like Amigas

Offline Ryu

• Show only replies by Ryu
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 04:02:16 PM »
Well we used to have a classifieds module but we removed that a while ago because it was riddled with bugs, It is my understanding it will return at some point when they are fixed. But in the meantime we still have the "Amiga on ebay" forum where we can post things we have for sale even if they arent on ebay.

Personally im a big believer in AmiBench, Ive used it for years...
Yours
Darren aka Ryu
-----------------------------
www.IntuitionBase.com
My Amiga 1200 webserver

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 02:12:11 AM »
Thats cool, I'll keep an eye on that topic.  Yea I've used Amibench afew times but mostly the wanted side.  I bought quite afew things of ebay and have'nt had any major hassle everything has arrived safely and working 100%. But all it takes is once, I'm guessing that this problem I'm having is just bad timing for the guy and I do have abit of faith that he'll send it and if not then it will make me think twice about using ebay, which is abit od a shame as there's alot of honest people out there out just trying to make a quid and then you have the sad {bleep}s that spoil it for everyone.  So from now on I'll keep an eye on the amiga on ebay section and check amibench and place a wanted add if I need anything and if I have no luck there I check out ebay.