Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AMD system with Amiga Forever 6  (Read 8573 times)

Description:

Offline TrinityTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: AMD system with Amiga Forever 6
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 22, 2004, 11:59:41 PM »
holley ..:: I think if i had a manual , at least for this Dopus , I could get it  together... but ... I'm just so confused , as I have missed many yrs., since i did any amiga apps..... I don't understand why I cannot Unzip and files?... I had downlded 3 LHa and 3 unzip files ...but I seem to come up with the same "unreconizable file ".... error ... I even managed to download TVPaint ...but It won't open either ... I know its just something small  i'm missing ...
 best to wait for a new Amiga or Pegasos ...and btw ... I had a MacG4 in 2001 (to use) ,it was a very nice system ... but the new ones are just to pricy ... but it did work  well and i could easily run the apps... Abode , coral , etc... just like my old Amiga 3000 ...it ran very nicely ...And on this AMD , I can see the speed advantage and know if i could roundup some 3.1 manuals i'd be fine ...maybe i should just buy some new apps (Amiga) but I'm afraid that they wouldn't load ???

• Show all replies
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2004, 06:21:31 PM »
Hi weirdami :: ..re:posts .. i received a 'complain via pm ' that the posts were in the wrong forum(s) so , not to offend anyone , i deleted the one's previous to the complaint . I'm very sorry .. really I was under the impression that Amiga.org forums were user and beginner friendly ...perhaps i assumed too much? ..Needless to say i'm rather turned off by a responce from a member who was not even a 'Moderater'.  and now i'm  reluctant to post anything ,,,jeeesh ..it's a bad scene when the Amiga folks are so freaky.. well, only some of them.  In all fairness I really needed the help and Holley and Thomas were very forthcoming with information.  If a person can't find help in this forums ...Just what is the purpose of the forums ... not everyone 'shoots up' amiga  everyday    ...even if we could , there are other responsibilities that must be tended to... So , please accept my apology for the deletions ......i feel bad enough being rejected here ..much less feeling guilty too... smile.
 thank you for your inquiry....
 Trinity.

• Show all replies
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2004, 10:43:43 PM »
Holley :: thank you it worked like a charm .... Thanks for all the good advice

bye

• Show all replies
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2004, 06:02:06 PM »
holley:: as a matter of fact there is another item .. i found 2 more cd's that came with AF6 ..Aminet 16 December96  and Amiga CD32 insight technology so i'm investigating how they fit into the overall scheme of this emulation...The downloading of the A-web was working but still have some new questions ,but can work through it.. thanks again.

Also read the recommended ground rules for addressing the forums ..all good requirements ...