Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CommodoreUSA CEO Interview Answers  (Read 40881 times)

Description:

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show all replies
Re: CommodoreUSA CEO Interview Answers
« on: April 17, 2012, 01:27:13 PM »
Nor mine Danwood....

But that's by the bye.

having read the thing, yes i read it not just skimmed it, it seems to me that the majority of things have been issues already covered multitudes of times on various forums. Just not filled with vitriol we normally would see from Barry. The things that are new and he clears up seem to amount to the usual back tracking and spin we have seen. Such as the $30million ad budget, something that I can't understand why they ran with it in the first place nor amended before now as it's been mentioned even on their own forums without anyone correcting it if it was complete crap. And I am still skeptical that a company like Disney would allow them to advertise for free.

The way I look at this is that he has come with a carefully crafted, well thought out bit of marketing. While he has answered the questions I can't help but feel this was all just an exercise in marketing for him and something that he can refer to if anyone else ever asks him the same things.

My opinion hasn't changed. I doubt it ever will. But I hope that this will keep them off our backs now.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 04:28:51 AM »
Ok I am seriously lacking sleep. I have been up nearly 24hr and this might not be the most sensible post ever written. So appologies up front.

What I don't get is why Barry, or anyone from Commodore USA, officially affiliated or not, feels they need to come and try to convince us that they are the next best thing since sliced bread. Especially as how barry has stated in the past that he is not interested in the opinions from our "muddy little pond".

At the end of the day people will buy these machines. Regardless of what we or other people would say. Why?

Maybe they believe the hype. Maybe the think that this is the real return of commodore. Hell they may be influenced by nostalgia alone. But people will buy these things regardless.

So let them. Let them spend their money on what ever they feel like. Just please let's stop this silly bickering now. As much as I like to pick faults in their products, like woefully inadequate PSU's, I feel its getting to the point were its become more a personal attack rather than sensible discussion.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 05:50:57 AM »
Quote from: Wildstar128;690824
I am not suggesting it is the next best thing since sliced bread. I am only suggesting in counterargument to unwarranted or unreasonable bashing. If people just say, the systems have rational specifications for mainstream computer users and have a strong theme but currently doe not have the specifications I need or that I currently do not have the needs for it. Current development does not directly involve the classic hardware. Leave it at that and the guys just might have a cool headed rational response without contrived bashing because it doesn't continue on the b.s. path of Escom which failed to follow through and lost opportunity.

Escom failed. They promised and failed. They had opportunity with PPC then. The market does not have that opportunity now and too many left the entire amiga community completely since the decade+ time frame. Then all the b.s. by Bill McEwen et al.

I am all too familiar with the litter of lies and b.s. Over the years. My suggestion, get over it and move on. Seek new opportunities instead.

I wasn't suggesting that it was you personally. It was a generalized statement about that amount of times we have seen people trying to convince us that Commodore USA where the best people for the job. And yes like you I have seen others trying to bring the brands back into the mainstream. Lets not forget Commodore Gaming, a company I feel Commodore USA resemble in a fashion, that had taken a stab at bringing Commodore kicking and screaming into the x86/64 era. And that survived for a while then failed.

Look I am simply saying maybe it's time we just let this one go and allow the thread to fall off the front page.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:54:00 AM »
Also lets not forget this little nugget from Barry when the vic slims were been announced.

http://www.commodore-amiga.org/forum/27-commodore-usa/2528-vic-slim?limit=15&start=15&lang=en#4560
As far as how much we pay to have our VIC Slim manufactured: We currently pay US$ 297.40 (including duties & tariffs) for the barebones unit, and another $0.65 for air freight each. That totals $298.05. WE actually lose $3.05 on every unit we sell, but our long term plan is to make it up in volume.

This was the same thread that Barry also mentioned this when the question was asked about the vic slim pricing.

loaded, let me ask you a question first. Lets clarify. I'm not asking you how often you have sex, or if you have trouble performing. We already know that because we looked. I am asking what is your wife's favorite position, and does she really enjoy it? Since you seem to have no problem asking questions which no one in their right mind would ever ask, I thought you would have no trouble answering.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 01:29:22 AM »
Quote from: Wildstar128;690984
I believe Barry is not Jewish

Why would that have any bearing on how he reacts to criticism and comments? thats the biggest load of tosh I have read in a while :whack:

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 03:25:31 AM »
Quote from: Wildstar128;690994
You are misunderstanding the point. It may play in how someone talks and writes. Depending on generation and religious views might play into whether you would call someone an a--hole or refrain from those word usage. Most people in Jack's generation certainly used less vulgarity and name calling. Depending on what Jewish 'denomination' (sorry, I don't know the proper term for hebrew/jewish equivalent to christian denominations), that may play into how tight to certain social conduct standards one would hold themselves to.

It wasn't that important except the main point to be drawn is that may influence Jack in a different manner to Barry. This isn't to say anyone is good or bad person but simply about social customs.

No I understood your point perfectly. I just couldn't beleive you actually were using religious views and generational differences to justify Barry been the way he has been with people. he is trying to portray himself as the professional buisnessman yet his attitude says otherwise.

To be frank I think this thread is to the point of derailment, maybe even beyond that. I feel it's time we maybe locked this thread and leave it at that.