Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you could have one game converted to the Amiga which game would you choose!?  (Read 4353 times)

Description:

Offline Egg-Chen

• Show all replies
Without hesitation : The Maze of Galious !

Offline Egg-Chen

• Show all replies
I don't think the Amiga hardware can compete with the arcade CPS system (more colors on screen, more hardware sprites, more audio channels (FM + PCM...)). Anyway I agree that some talented coders can use some strength out of the Ami' chipset.

I think 'Mega Typhoon' (http://aminet.net/package/game/demo/megatyphoon) is a good example of what can be done on a A500 with a carefully well programmed engine.

With such an engine it should be possible to make great shoot- them-up on the Miggy. Personally I would choose "Aleste 2" for its playability, its variety and its very nice in between anime cuts or a masterpiece like "Hinotori" and its unique atmosphere...

Any volunteer ?  ;-)

Offline Egg-Chen

• Show all replies

HAK wrote:

Well, I made a port of an MoG-Remake about 1,5 years ago for MOS.
As the source is included, a programmer should easily port it to AOS too (needs SDL however).

Bye HAK

My God !!! Is it for real ??!!!
At least, after more than a decade a dream will maybe become true !
Could you port it to the Classic ?
Please ! Please ! :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  

Offline Egg-Chen

• Show all replies

leirbag28 wrote:
@Egg-Chen

I dont think I agree with you on Mega Typhoon.......although I never Played it......from the screenshots I see in "Hall Of Light"  it looks like an 8bit NES gam with the same kind of crude lores gfx.

Try it before. The Gfx don't do justice to this game (well to say the truth, as an "old-schooler" I like those old fashioned type of Gfx).

Battle Squadron looks better than that. and Battle Squadron is a darn fine game......even though the gfx can still be massively improved.  ProjectX is the best looking ShootemUp for an A500 and T-Zero is the Best looking for AGA. Also check out Apidya, Hybris, a well

Yes... but to return back to the subject, if I cited Mega Typhoon it's because it has a very efficient sprite engine, it is among the better engines I could see running on the A500 : everything move smoothly, the action is very fast, there aren't any slowdowns or flickering and most of all, the screen is full of moving sprite (more than 100 according to the authors of the game). It is rather impressive from a technical point of view, although there are maybe some weakness in the art/design department. I think it's more a demo of what's possible using this engine.

Now I can just imagine what could be done with such an engine : Aleste, Aleste 2, Salamander etc. games like ProjectX are visually very appealing, but I don't like them very much, I find them boring, they lack the intensity of games like those above mentioned.

or rather EXCELLENTLY programmed game is SLAM TILT. Probably the highest Quality arcade game made for Amiga.

I didn't played Slam Tilt since Pinball games are not my cup of tea, but for what I heard it is a very good game in its field.