Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: need help deleting files under NTFS  (Read 1529 times)

Description:

Offline DamageXTopic starter

• Show only replies by DamageX
    • http://www.hyakushiki.net/
Re: need help deleting files under NTFS
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 13, 2009, 08:26:23 PM »
Thanks for the tips, you guys rock. I tried to take ownership of the files while logged in as admin under win2k (my main OS) but it came back with an "access denied." Same thing with the cacl command. I booted Ubuntu and deleted the stuff and it was moved to a trash directory. So I deleted the trash directory and now most of it is gone, there were about a dozen files that still refused to budge. I haven't tried unlocker yet.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: need help deleting files under NTFS
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 08:50:07 PM »

DamageX wrote:
Thanks for the tips, you guys rock. I tried to take ownership of the files while logged in as admin under win2k (my main OS) but it came back with an "access denied." Same thing with the cacl command. I booted Ubuntu and deleted the stuff and it was moved to a trash directory. So I deleted the trash directory and now most of it is gone, there were about a dozen files that still refused to budge. I haven't tried unlocker yet.

If you delete from a shell, as root, using rm -rf on a directory will delete it for sure.

Be very careful with that command. Make absolutely sure you are about to remove the directory you mean to.
int p; // A