Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Command & Conquer on AMIGA  (Read 6081 times)

Description:

Offline FnacTopic starter

• Show only replies by Fnac
Command & Conquer on AMIGA
« on: June 22, 2003, 02:59:24 AM »
Anyone interesting in pushing the porting to Amiga of this great game ?

Visit:
http://freecnc-sf.holarse.net/

fnac :-o

Offline apj

Re: Command & Conquer on AMIGA
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 04:42:18 PM »
It took me some time but here it is :

https://arcziii.itch.io/vanillaconquer

The following users thanked this post: Tygre, AndyFC, klx300r

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 09:39:07 PM »
damn that's cool stuff thanks for posting!  ;D
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline AndyFC

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 05:38:40 PM »
I'm posting to this thread to highlight it as so many more of us will now have hardware capable of running this.

I downloaded the latest version (you need to download the pack with Covert Ops for the latest executable) and it runs beautifully.

I have a PiStorm32 but the vamp version works for me, the NoVamp version brings up a yellow recoverable error.

Thanks for doing this game conversion for us
A1200 in DIY Tower. 3.2 ROMs (softkicking 3.2.2), OS 3.2.2 with ClassicWB, CF card, CD RW and IDE to SD adapter running off the internal IDE port (using the A4000 4-port IDE adapter from Amigakit), Pistorm 32 lite with Pi4/2GB/Emu68 or Blizzard 1230-IV, with 32MB 60ns RAM and 50MHz 68882 FPU. 3COM PCMCIA Network card running with Miami DX.
MorphOS on PowerMac G5 and ATI 9600 pro

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 10:17:12 PM »
Can you play as Nod beyond Mission 1 now? The version I downloaded wouldn't load the assets for the second mission!
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline AndyFC

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2023, 06:51:57 PM »
Can you play as Nod beyond Mission 1 now? The version I downloaded wouldn't load the assets for the second mission!
I tried this on the new version 1.3 and it's still the same, the assets can't be found. I'll comment on the itch Io page.
A1200 in DIY Tower. 3.2 ROMs (softkicking 3.2.2), OS 3.2.2 with ClassicWB, CF card, CD RW and IDE to SD adapter running off the internal IDE port (using the A4000 4-port IDE adapter from Amigakit), Pistorm 32 lite with Pi4/2GB/Emu68 or Blizzard 1230-IV, with 32MB 60ns RAM and 50MHz 68882 FPU. 3COM PCMCIA Network card running with Miami DX.

Offline AndyFC

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2023, 07:32:46 PM »
I tried this on the new version 1.3 and it's still the same, the assets can't be found. I'll comment on the itch Io page.

It's now fixed in the latest archive or there are instructions of which file to delete to fix with an existing installation; I've verified that deleting or renaming data/general.mix fixes it as far as getting to Nod level 2.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 09:01:01 PM by AndyFC »

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2023, 03:05:15 PM »
Thanks! I will try it when I get home!

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2024, 01:57:09 PM »
@AndyFC

Having picked up the challenge to finally update VanillaRA to get the cutscenes working I've found that there is the following issue with the SDL versions of both the Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert ports:

On both games, although the FMV clips now play smoothly in the SDL ports (not under the -cgx version which stutters really badly and can crash if not skipped), sadly the ability to 'hotkey'/team units has disappeared! Movies but no unit groups!?!  This severely affects the gameplay!

Any ideas with this "new improved" version?!?

[EDIT] Yeah, as I suspected CTRL+No. Key sets the unit group and the number key selects the saved group, BUT ONLY WHEN PLAYING USING THE P96 -CGX VERSION THAT CAN'T PLAY THE VIDEOS SMOOTHLY OR STABLY!!!!

Any thoughts? Wasn't there some code that changed it to use Frogger to play the videos in the -cgx versions?

I also see in the RedAlert.ini file the following for the SDL keyboard code:

keyteam1=30^M

...with the number increasing by one for each new group! But what keys do you actually need to press and could I amend it so that it's CTRL+No. of unit to bind the units into a team and then just the number to recall the team?

In all honesty the old -cgx/P96 version was a lot more playable than the new one, with a better game speed when playing in Normal Mode on my CM4 based PiStorm32 (too fast now) and with the ability to group units albeit with no FMV movies!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 02:00:08 PM by BozzerBigD »

The following users thanked this post: Boing-ball

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2024, 09:35:47 PM »
@Thread

Ok, the bodge solution as far as I'm concerned is to have two versions of Vanilla Red Alert installed. I'm resigned to being stuck with the "lack of unit grouping hotkey" SDL version of Tiberium Dawn as I'm not faffing any more and I prefer Red Alert anyway!

The Solution to Red Alert not being feature complete (The Best of Both Worlds)
Install 1) Late March version I believe - Use -CGX version to actually PLAY the game with all hotkeys working and FMVs auto disabled!
Install 2) May 7th Version - Use SDL version to play the final few minutes of your saved game file from the -CGX version to see the FMVs of the end of the mission and the beginning of the next!

To play Install 1 with a CM4 PiStorm32, first you have to set the following in EmuControl to slow the game down in Normal mode!
First Disable Fast Cache
Then set the following sliders:
JIT inlining range = 7
Inline loopcount = 1
Leave the rest the same!

Cushty for now!  8)

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2024, 02:28:13 PM »
@Thread

The important links for if/when you want to try these two great ports:

Tiberium Dawn Download Page

Red Alert Download Page
https://artishq.wordpress.com/

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2024, 06:28:26 PM »
Thanks for the info and helpful advice 👍🏻

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2024, 09:26:46 AM »
Cgx version, just gives me hard guru. :(
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline AndyFC

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2024, 08:44:57 PM »
An earlier release gave me the same behaviour. There were different executables for cgx and vampire and the vampire one worked for me but the cgx one always crashed...I assumed the exes were named incorrectly. Are you using the latest version?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 09:53:59 PM by AndyFC »

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2024, 11:04:52 PM »
An earlier release gave me the same behaviour. There were different executables for cgx and vampire and the vampire one worked for me but the cgx one always crashed...I assumed the exes were named incorrectly. Are you using the latest version?

I thought you weren't into games? 🤔