Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations  (Read 858 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaNowTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmigaNow
Greetings and Salutations
« on: February 09, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »
Hello all. My first Amiga was an Amiga 1000, which I earned working for a vendor at a local flea market. It initially didn't work, so I took it to a local Amiga shop and they didn't even charge me. They reset a chip, and told me if it ever happened again to put it on my lap upside down and give it a knee...

After many fond memories of games, etc, it was time to upgrade. I purchased an Amiga 500, gvp hardrive w/ memory and sold my A1000. I was in heaven!

Then came the A1200 with enhanced graphics, internal hd, 68030 8mb ram expansion, etc. Total bliss! I then sold my A500. But my life was shattered when my beloved Amiga was stolen from me. At the time I was unable to replace it as all the dealers I knew of had vanished. (I wasn't on the net yet)

Many years went by and I was forced to use windoze. All the while unhappy at the bloat and general distaste for the format.

Then while surfing the net I decided to google search for amiga. Lo and behold I found WinUAE. I immediately obtained it and cloanto's af and was again in heaven! Then I found AmiKit!! Absolute heaven!!!

Recently I have seen news of upcoming Amiga computers that may be coming our way. I for one would definintely buy one, whether Samantha or Moana, etc. as I wish to divulge myself of the pc's corruption.

I hope that there will be an upsurge of people who will program for the new computers like they did when the original Amiga's came out. (Demo's, games, etc.) Also, their is a defininte need for Mozilla Firefox, Open Office, and anything else we can get ported over so we won't need pc's anymore for anything... I have programed some in c++ for windoze, and I am gathering info and programs so that I can get started in amiga programming. Not so much for profit, but to enable using an Amiga THE experience for everyone.

Thanks to everyone for keeping the Amiga alive!
I\'m a moonchild. Are You? http://www.iamamoonchild.net

A500 [5MB, KS 3.1+1.3, CFIDE68k], A1000 [512k], A1200T 9Mb [in progress], A1200 4Mb
eMac 1.42Ghz [1Gb, 120Gb IDE, MorphOS]

Offline Zero

• Show only replies by Zero
Re: Greetings and Salutations
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 06:55:30 PM »
Welcome to Amgia.org!

:-)
MorphOS G4 Quicksilver MDD

Offline AmiKit

Re: Greetings and Salutations
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 06:56:02 PM »
Hello and welcome back! :-)