Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigatower back from cold  (Read 872 times)

Description:

Offline amigatowerTopic starter

• Show only replies by amigatower
Amigatower back from cold
« on: October 07, 2005, 06:04:22 PM »
 :crazy: I thought maybe I better say "Hi"...HI, I am amigatower. I bought my first miggy A1000 (love it was!)in 1986 and right away graduated to A2K with a big 2 megs of ram and extra floppy. Used to go to Miami MICE meets and then became active with D'BACE (Daytona Beach Amiga Computer Enthusiasts)and then ran into big medical/financial crises and left Amiga world. I dreamt for years of getting back to Amiga and finally did a couple of years ago and have been buying all kinds of Miggy stuff wherever I can get it. I have spent well over $20K last couple of years and picked up some good stuff  and some real trash. I presently have (2) 3000Ts, (2)2000D, CD32 with goggles and other stuff and now installing and getting this stuff operational and hoping came to right place for some help, clue, tips, tricks, hints free food...etc..
:-o But I always liked apple butter on my hamburgers!!! :roll: and somtimes they think they have it when they don\\\'t, even when it is there  :lol:

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: Amigatower back from cold
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 06:53:07 PM »
ok, fist of all WOW!  20K?????  You have some good machines there although only one is AGA.  The CD32 Has the best BASIC graphics Chip set but is the WORST at upgrading.  They do exist if you can find them.  If you can find one, get a SX-32 and an exteranal Ficker Fixer.

Thats the easy one.

For the big box Amigas, could you list what you have already installed?  Then every one here will be able to give you MORE then enough advice  :elvis:
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline amigatowerTopic starter

• Show only replies by amigatower
Re: Amigatower back from cold
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 07:26:42 PM »
okay...yes the CD32 is fun run it through my composite for now. I have 1 A3k  030 Tower that is totally stock and runs like a champ. The board is pristine and nothing was ever added to it..truly a classic...I bought it from some-one who had the switch wired wrong and it would not power up. Only need a key now...thinking locksmith could make something? The other 3000Tower is 040. The original owner went to a shop to get the batt replaced and they solderd a lithium straight to the end of some wires (which I removed...too dangerous.The board never lit up again after the shop finished with it....I have it set aside for a rainy day project. My present project is the A2KD trying to remember SCSI bus issues..it boots fine but now wanting to expand the SCSI and those old cobwebs are shaking loose.  :idea:
J-Golden wrote:
ok, fist of all WOW!  20K?????  You have some good machines there although only one is AGA.  The CD32 Has the best BASIC graphics Chip set but is the WORST at upgrading.  They do exist if you can find them.  If you can find one, get a SX-32 and an exteranal Ficker Fixer.

Thats the easy one.

For the big box Amigas, could you list what you have already installed?  Then every one here will be able to give you MORE then enough advice  :elvis: [/quote]
:-o But I always liked apple butter on my hamburgers!!! :roll: and somtimes they think they have it when they don\\\'t, even when it is there  :lol: