Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Introducing Warp3D Nova for AmigaOS 4.1  (Read 32386 times)

Description:

Offline OlafS3

Re: Introducing Warp3D Nova for AmigaOS 4.1
« on: March 23, 2016, 04:03:20 PM »
@Aegis

Only a short comment... Toni is "not amused" because never got any support from Hyperion how you can read on eab, they have even the fix to support ram ready but are not willing to give it to paying customers. If such behavior is wise can everybody decide for himself.

@topic

gratulation for getting 3D support. There is still the problem now to get adapted software for it, also not everyone owns supported graphic cards so the number of potential customers now is rather limited. I assume that the main targets for a-eon (next to existing X1000 owners) are potential future X5000/Tabor owners and they want to offer 3D support despite no MESA/Gallium.

Offline OlafS3

Re: Introducing Warp3D Nova for AmigaOS 4.1
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 04:51:43 PM »
Quote from: Niding;806247
Personally I never expected the restrictions to be lifted when I purchased AOS 4 FE.
Noone should feel cheated with the limitations when using it on WinUAE.
Customers that purchased it should have known it was for PPC hardware, not emulation.
The restictions was very clear upon release.

That said, it would probarly be GOOD for AOS that it supported UAE usage to its fullest, including a WinUAE installer/Amiga Forever style installer, like with AmiKit (with adjustable harddisk allocation upon installation).

ironically is "Classic" the only useful version right now if you want to start because of no hardware available. I am pretty sure that there are a number of people that have not bought it because of those limitations. As a company I would not care where someone uses it as long as I get money. But that is me... :)