Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MiniMig+  (Read 5862 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: MiniMig+
« on: April 06, 2014, 02:12:39 PM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;762010
Sounds good :)

The MinMig is great because it actually exists and works which is quite rare in the Amiga scene.

I'm was never that interest in it but an enhanced version with AGA support would be a lot more interesting, especially if someone can start 3D printing miniature Classic cases for them (I'm looking at you AmigaKit)

:)

Has been taken care of already by some member of comunity:
http://amiga-news.de/de/news/AN-2014-04-00008-DE.html

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 12:30:39 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;762471
@ AmigaClassicRule:

You're thinking along my lines.  My main Classic Amiga is my A4000 with a 68040, Mediator/Radeon/SpiderUSB/SB128, FastATA400.

I expect my FPGA Replay to replace this as my main Classic machine once the daughterboard is released.  OK, we're not going to have any Zorro/PCI slots, but since I installed USB in my Amiga, I've expanded it using those ports anyway.  I can actually close the case at last!  :D

whats the problem closing the case? i only kept my mediator 4k open as of late because constantly exchanging hardware for testing. any heat issues are easy to solve with a pci slot fan without any further mods.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 12:34:09 PM »
Quote from: freqmax;762483
The daughterboard could be an PPC one instead of 060 if one so wishes. It's mainly a PCB routing and assembly pain.

please no! i hope the development will further concentrate on 68k compatible solutions instead trying to force through uncanny clumsy hybrids there is almost no software for.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 05:23:07 PM »
Quote from: ElPolloDiabl;762581
If you could have a PowerPC it would cost $2000. Plus a year or two in the prototype phase. More likely.
ask Jens, he got all the phase 5 IP?

dont think so, he got apollo ip afaik. p5 ip went to dce and is now lost as as the person in charge died. the question has been asked though even before and it was too expensive to consider.

ppc accelerators make no sense. please leave it out of discussion at least this one time.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 07:20:02 PM »
you might put a fast clocked cpu on there running 68k emu. prefferably not a ppc except there was a very good reason to do so.