Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MiniMig+  (Read 5876 times)

Description:

Offline freqmax

• Show all replies
Re: MiniMig+
« on: April 06, 2014, 06:23:42 AM »
FPGA Arcade is only for developers so far and the AGA source are still not released. So no go.

Offline freqmax

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 07:17:25 AM »
The daughterboard could be an PPC one instead of 060 if one so wishes. It's mainly a PCB routing and assembly pain.

The OpenGraphics project (OGP) is a nice thought but uses high end FPGA where the cost for chips and route-and-place tools is prohibitive. So it's in practice a no go solution. It's better to polish your knowledge in graphics and start from scratch. Do less, do the important and be confident that it's enough (less is more). Are all functions of the PS3 really needed? if not which one would be the most important ones?

Offline freqmax

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 03:53:53 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;762498
please no! i hope the development will further concentrate on 68k compatible solutions instead trying to force through uncanny clumsy hybrids there is almost no software for.

My point was that FPGA Arcade doesn't exclude PPC capabilities. As most software for Amiga is 68k anyway. The PPC path is quite moot.

Offline freqmax

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:08:46 PM »
Can one make use of the addon board memory without any extra CPU ..?

As for expansion, I prefer more FPGA matrix anytime. And if one wants more power and isn't dependent on strict timing there's always the latest 4 GHz offerings with Gigarams of bytes.

Offline freqmax

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 04:53:46 AM »
I started a discussion on creating a PPC clone in some hardware description language in 2010 here. It fails to work because it would be extremely large and real chips was at least in 2010 a more efficient way.

Also feature creep seems to make many Amiga projects go into oblivion. The FPGA Arcade is not possible to buy for anyone yet nor is the source available. So let's get it to work first.