Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS 3.1.4 and Deluxe Music 2.0 -- audio gets stuck in an infinte loop  (Read 10830 times)

Description:

Offline paul1981

The audio side things has proven to be less than ideal for programs that don't follow official C= references. There was an issue with MIDI instruments functionality messing up on ADoom (now fixed) but obsolete programs will not be patched sadly. Maybe OS3.1.4 should have taken an approach of tidying up the code whilst compromising and "supporting" the best bugs as utilised by programmers under previous versions of the OS! ;)

Supporting bugs? I prefer programmers to do their job properly and follow correct C= guidelines. I do see your point however, and hopefully the amount of badly written software that actually breaks is tiny.  ;D Thing is, no one is being forced to install 3.1.4 and the target audiance for 3.1.4 should be people who are 'looking ahead' more than 'looking back' IMHO.

Offline paul1981

Re: AmigaOS 3.1.4 and Deluxe Music 2.0 -- audio gets stuck in an infinte loop
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 11:50:19 AM »
First off, we are very fortunate to still have very talented programmers for the Amiga and I want to thank Thomas and others involved for the AmigaOS3.1.4 update!  This post was not meant to put any "bad press" but rather just to feedback and get help in case there was something that could be done.

Thomas, the workaround fix you mentioned, does that take care of the DeluxeMusic problem or was this for the doomslibrary?  Or is it the same bad programming in both programs?  Would be nice if more software could have their source code transferred or if Deluxe Music could get some revitalization?  Wouldn't know how that could be done but SoftWood FinalWriter is an example though.

It's the same author who wrote Music-X... he's known as 'Talin':
https://medium.com/@dreamertalin/music-x-b4abc68d6f78