Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What games do you have to Amiga CDTV?  (Read 993 times)

Description:

Offline HE-MANTopic starter

• Show only replies by HE-MAN
What games do you have to Amiga CDTV?
« on: October 26, 2003, 10:30:02 AM »
Hi all Amiga fans!

I wonder what games you have on Amiga CDTV? The games is so hard to find so this is the best place to ask for them.

There is some games I am looking for to Amiga CDTV, so if you have anyone of them I would be glad to buy them or buy a backup CD of them from you. I will pay good for them.

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
Re: What games do you have to Amiga CDTV?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 10:46:09 AM »
Only ports as far as I know
no disk swapping anyway....
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline elendil

• Show only replies by elendil
    • http://www.idiot.fnuck.dk
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 11:20:08 AM »
The only cdtv game I ever bought was Prey: An alien encounter, and I actually like it despite popular opinion :)

Even though I think I sold my cdtv a long time ago, I cannot part with the game, sorry.

Sincerely,

-Kenneth Straarup.

PS: perhaps back to the roots have free cdtv games?

Offline sir_inferno

• Show only replies by sir_inferno
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 12:36:02 PM »
nobody plays cdtv.....it's just to look REALLY cool on your tv  :lol:  :roflmao:  :lol:

but :cry: in a way... Anyway, i seem to remember some kinda game, ummm, that helpcopter one... apache commander?!?!!? something like that... :-) check on ebay, just search for cdtv, you'll find about 6 but it'll still help you on your quest...

Offline Oli_hd

• Show only replies by Oli_hd
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 01:07:33 PM »
Hi,

wonder what games you have on Amiga CDTV?

Lots, SimCity, Lemmings, Psyco killer (a real bad game), Super games pak (great demo on the CD), Sherlock Homes consulting detective and a few none game CD's.

There is some games I am looking for to Amiga CDTV

Have you looked on Ebay? at the moment Lemmings, Chaos in Andromeda and Mindrun are up, plus other none game things.
Also visit A.orgs new sponsor Computer City (NL), they have a good selection, as do softhut (USA) and oldsoftware.com (USA)

or buy a backup CD of them from you

Dont bother asking me for a copy of mine, sorry.

Offline R2D2

• Show only replies by R2D2
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 01:49:11 PM »
The Hound of the Baskervilles is my only real CDTV game though I have few CD's full of shareware games etc.
\\"Se on niinkuin polkupyörällä ajo - kerran kun sen oppii ja jos ei sitä koko ajan harjoittele, niin sitä ei opi koskaan enää uudelleen.\\"

Offline Reynolds

• Show only replies by Reynolds
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 06:59:08 PM »
Errrmmm... Defender Of The Crown 2 looks better than any other ware  :-)

I have Lemmings and Gamers Delight too but Defender is the all-time best and any other titles comes only after that!  :-D

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 09:18:19 AM »
Thanks everyone, for all  for you help. I have now found some of the games that I was looking for to AMIGA CDTV, But some games looks like the are impossible to find like, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and Loom that I have heard should have been able to CDTV.

Offline darksun9210

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 04:11:10 PM »
all i remember was standing in dixons and looking at a CDTV running a rollingdemo disk by Commodore &  psygnosis (remember them?) and thinking WOW!!
there was a sneaky peek at microcosm (originally intended to be a CDTV game). i thought the graphics were mind blowing, but being a kid i wasn't really able to understand video data streaming. but one time (a while back i ended up though a guy i know in the back of some murky computer shop surrounded by CDTV's and A500's (this was back when the CSA 12 gauge EC030 40Mhz A1200 accelerator was hot stuff.) and the shop owner had a copy of this disk!

so i bought it. and it runs on my CD32! (about all i use my CD32 for these days is remanissing and going "wow... those days..." i'd love to record it and post it on the net, but the trouble is, the screen scan rate keeps changing (CD32 switching between CD32/CDTV mode compatability) and my video digitizer cannot maintain a signal lock!

the only pure CDTV title i had was huchins encyclopedia. and i had to send that back when my A570 drive died as they needed a title to test it with.  :-(

A500 Vampire2/minimegachip/lazarus/indyECS
A600 Vampire2/604n/subway/IndyECS
A1200 PiStorm32+Pi4/subway/IndyAGA
A3k C=040/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Zoram256/acard scsi-ide-CF/IndyECS,
A4k CSMk3-060/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Bigram256/IndyAGA, mediator+pci cards
CD32 TF360/IndyAGA
Plus an SGI O2 & consoles.

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 05:41:28 PM »
i've got monkey island , indiana jones 3 , loom cdtv's , but i dont think i will sell em for anything lower than 2000 sek, probably worth even more , i was lucky and i got em for 750 per game,
anyway they are all GERMAN only , never came uk versions of the cdtv games ;(  and they are hard t find , and i mean VERY HARD!.

anyway i am a collector so i doubt any price will do, but hey lets see :D

also got the rare games "prehistoric , falcon , ultimate basketball (with box) and artic adventure cdtv's , and many more"

just as a small note , i have over 2000+ orginal (400+ beeing cdtv/cd32) amiga games, in its orginal packages with 99.5% of having manuals.

ok that was my showoff :D

so goodluck on the hunt, it wont be easy and it will be very costy , just look at ebay , r-type OCS went for 1000+ NOK! and that aint considered to be a rare game, but the box was rare :D

cheers
Whats up with all the hate!

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 06:55:52 PM »
I would easy could give 2000 sek for them if you what to sell, to bad I nearly don't know any germen at all, :-(  so I would not be able to play it, but I would put it to my Amiga game collection

My game collection is on 300 games that is orginal, but that games are to many other system: Amiga, PC, Nintendo, 3DO...

Offline Oli_hd

• Show only replies by Oli_hd
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2003, 08:49:51 PM »
Hi

i've got monkey island , indiana jones 3 , loom cdtv's

My god, you actually have Money Island for the CDTV?
I wasnt even sure if it was launched, that must be one darn good game, whats different from the standard A500 version?