Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Minimig v1.1 ARM Hardfile Demonstration  (Read 21179 times)

Description:

Offline TheDaddy

• Show only replies by TheDaddy
    • http://www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Re: Minimig v1.1 ARM Hardfile Demonstration
« Reply #74 from previous page: January 05, 2009, 01:41:22 PM »
@Jakub,

Don't forget to inform me when the next generation Minimig is ready, I would love to make a case for it and continue the family tree :-)

Offline yaqube

• Show only replies by yaqube
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2009, 02:19:18 PM »
@Loriano

I will talk to you before the final board design will be completed. We should design it in an enclosure-friendly way.

Offline TheDaddy

• Show only replies by TheDaddy
    • http://www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2009, 02:33:36 PM »
@yaqube

>>I will talk to you before the final board design will be completed. We should design it in an enclosure-friendly way.

That sounds promising, I can't wait to start working on the next gen Minimig ;-)

Offline Schoenfeld

• Show only replies by Schoenfeld
    • http://icomp.de
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2009, 11:23:40 PM »
What exactly is the limiting speed factor of the hardfile implementation? We just finished an internal version of the Minimig core for the C-One with harddrive support, working on a real harddrive (in my case, on a DeLock IDE flash module). Without optimization, our performance is 545k per second (see pictures on www.c64upgra.de/c-one ) - a good 20% faster than what's shown in the Youtube video.

There might be room for improvement as we speed up the CPU, but I don't expect much more, as the CPU is just a plain, 68000, sharing the bus with the chipset and another 68000 CPU.

Minimig on the C-One now has 11 megs of ram and a harddrive. An RTC might be an idea now :-)

Jens

Offline DarrinTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2009, 12:34:06 AM »

Schoenfeld wrote:
What exactly is the limiting speed factor of the hardfile implementation? We just finished an internal version of the Minimig core for the C-One with harddrive support, working on a real harddrive (in my case, on a DeLock IDE flash module). Without optimization, our performance is 545k per second (see pictures on www.c64upgra.de/c-one ) - a good 20% faster than what's shown in the Youtube video.

There might be room for improvement as we speed up the CPU, but I don't expect much more, as the CPU is just a plain, 68000, sharing the bus with the chipset and another 68000 CPU.

Minimig on the C-One now has 11 megs of ram and a harddrive. An RTC might be an idea now :-)

Jens

Bloody hell!  That's good news!  I certainly don't mind using one of my spare 2.5" IDE hard drives on my C-One if it works!  Only a couple more days until I get home and then I can finally mount that C-One in a case and start testing it.  :-)

RTC would be nice, but I'll tell you want would really get me going... being able to access those clockports.  If you could manage that then the C-One Minimig could have a Subway USB device attached.

RTG via a PCI graphics card would be the ultimate wet dream.   :-)

Are you still beta-testing that core with hard drive support or has it been released?

Cheers,

Darrin

Edit:  I just found your post on Yahoo quoted on Minimig.net and I'll be happy to wait for your CF support like you suggest, rather than risk my C-One board to any reflashing or soldering.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.