Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (RFD) What can we do better?  (Read 3159 times)

Description:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: (RFD) What can we do better?
« on: July 06, 2009, 04:40:35 PM »
Quote from: ChaosLord;514667
You could promise to never ever turn on that immature, fraud-ridden, "reputation system" ever again.

There was nothing whatsoever wrong with it. The problem was with immature users and people histrionically overreacting to the fact that someone can give them negative feedback.

As it stands now, I know about 30 Amiga users who play Total Chaos AGA.  They are not members of Amiga.org.  But if I was to invite them and tell them about the Social Group they might come.

But I absolutely cannot invite Doctors and Nurses and NASA Employees to come to a forum (Amiga.org) and then suddenly they find all this childishly immature bitchslapping going on.  It would reflect very badly on me to involve mature people into such an environment.

As it stands now I have been keeping my social group a secret.  It would sure be nice to end the fear.

Right. I really hope that was sarcasm.
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 05:16:04 PM »
Quote from: ChaosLord;514672
You can call it "the system" or "the people" or whatever you want.  Whatever it is, it is like Communism, It just doesn't work.

It sounds good on paper but it just doesn't work out in real life.  Oh well, time to move on.

Seriously, get over it. It's widely used on other vB forums without any problems. The fact is, the whining tone of posts like this one is precisely the sort of thing that attracts negative feedback in the first place.
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 10:11:45 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;514923
I don't know or can't remember if this has been addressed, but... Comments for the picture gallery posts are something I really miss. There was much history there.

What do you mean? You can add comments to gallery images and the old xoops comments associated with the imported images are there too.
int p; // A