Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lotus series fans! ya gotta try Amiga Racer for OS4.1, MorphOS or Linux  (Read 3098 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaRacer

• Show all replies
    • http://www.AmigaTec.com
Hi guys,

i just wanted to say thank you here to all my supporters.
Usually i'm not that active in forums because i rather use the time to work on the game. As you probably know i'm doing that all alone, there's no game studio environment (teamwise speaking) here present. So doing that on a professional level in my spare time is really time consuming.

However, i enjoy seeing people happy about new contributions towards the amiga community. So the show will go on and i briefly already announce for this year also 68k game(s).

I "work" very closely together with my supporters (people that have donated) gathering input and suggestions from them.

Example: John (the topic starter here) asked me if it is possible to remap controls individual since he likes to play with a gamepad and currently needs to stand up to press the ESC key to end the "Finish Race" screen. Currently (at the very same moment) i'm working on exactly that and the update will go live this weekend.

Supporters can also "vote" for next game ideas for example for the 68k game. Don't get me wrong here, it's not that i want to "earn money" with the games. If i would compare my efforts here towards the donations i got so far then i would not have pushed the game so far. It's more the passion to show yes, it is possible to deliver top notch games for the amiga (NG and later this year classic) platform.

Many years back i wrote anyway games for the commodore (C16 / Plus4) and switched later to amiga development. (I've been also working back in the days for Amiga Special Magazine in germany where i worked together with Manfred Leidorf on the "how to code amiga in assembly" courses)

Another idea had recently (because some people really have problems there) is writing an up-to-date Virusscanner for 68k and OS4/MorphOS. That would be no problem at all for me, because well i work as executive in such a computer security company and as you probably found out by now i can also code :)

So again thanks - and i will look from now on here daily too in this forum.

Offline AmigaRacer

• Show all replies
Re: Lotus series fans! ya gotta try Amiga Racer for OS4.1, MorphOS or Linux
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 12:56:07 PM »
Oh i just see that there seems to be some "confusion" here in this thread about how the keyfiles work after you donated.

As i said already, it's important for me that you enjoy it as much as i do seeing you guys happy so you can use one keyfile for all your machines at home. That means: If you going to get soon a PPC Amiga then you can also use the Windows (or Linux or Raspberry or MorphOS) version key. All the versions are 100% compatible with each other. That means if you create on a windows machine a new track that you save you can use that very same track also on your PPC Amiga or MorphOS etc.

The keys are "household-bound" so you can play with your kids for example with your key on a 2nd machine. They key is important for the upcoming Multiplayer Feature (over internet connection) to identify different players.

I have here a video (yes, it's amateurish but it serves its purpose) explaining the game and what you can do with the ARCS system. That is already kinda obselete now, because it showes a previous version but you'll get some idea.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHSM-NxX-6U

Offline AmigaRacer

• Show all replies
Re: Lotus series fans! ya gotta try Amiga Racer for OS4.1, MorphOS or Linux
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 09:04:56 PM »
Quote from: JJ;804722
No Mac Version ??? :(

I just finished the raspberry pi version. OSX is next. (in between i have to code on the game as well)