Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The most backhanded "Happy Holidays" wish you'll ever hear  (Read 1821 times)

Description:

The most backhanded "Happy Holidays" wish you'll ever hear
« on: December 23, 2007, 11:44:25 PM »
Hello one and all.

I believe that the "attacks on Christmas" these days are generally the work of the politically correct and overly sensitive (both types of people that I detest), yet I routinely bag on the President for invoking God when it's convenient, then sending out "Seasons greetings" cards instead of "Merry Christmas" cards.

Seems hypocritical to me on all counts.

Then I find myself needing to consider the widespread audience here. Some Christian, some Mormon, some Jewish, some not-so-sure we care enough any particular direction. I'm no preacher, so please take my words to heart in the spirit they are intended. My head might not be the most tactful, but my heart's in the right place...

Setting the religious aspect of this holiday season aside, whether you celebrate Christmas, Boxing day, Hannukah, or whatever your faith leads you to, it is my firm wish to each and every one of you to have and experience love in the coming year.

That each of you take a moment to realize, appreciate, and cherish the wonderful things about life. Those things being your family and your friends.

Consider for just a moment that cars, money, houses, clothes, and all that other materialistic crap that Big Business has now seemingly equated to "Christmas" can disappear in a heartbeat. You would survive just fine. A little depressed, but a little more determined.

On the other hand, family and friendship are the only things on this Earth that we have which cannot be replaced.

As tomorrow is Christmas Eve, I wanted to put this thought in your heads before I disappear for the holiday festivities with my own family.

Hug the ones you love, and love the one you're with. That my friends, is the meaning of life.

Sincerely,

Wayne

Offline adz

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show only replies by adz
Re: The most backhanded "Happy Holidays" wish you'll ever hear
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 11:50:24 PM »
Sound reasoning there Wayne, have a great Christmas, a wonderful New Year and a big thanks for keeping this site alive and well :pint: :-)

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 12:11:42 AM »
Attacks on Christmas?

Anyway enjoy, don't eat too much and watch those hands when you've got some fireworks!

Offline gdanko

• Show only replies by gdanko
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 12:41:18 AM »

odin wrote:
Attacks on Christmas?

Anyway enjoy, don't eat too much and watch those hands when you've got some fireworks!

Odin,
The attack on Christmas is more prevalent in the States than in other parts of the world. My mates on efnet #amiga come from all over the place and they are not seeing this anti-Christmas sentiments.

Please see this reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_controversy

With that said, thanks Wayne for the site. Enjoy your Christmas and have a safe new year. I look forward to seeing you all again in the forums in the next few days!