Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

A4000T remote-mount disk module 1
A4000T remote-mount disk module 1
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: Here is a picture of the rather ugly (but functional!) modification made to relocate the drive module so that a Prometheus PCI busboard could be installed in the top Zorro slot.  The drive module has a 56 pin connector; I couldn't find that, so I used a 60 pin cable.  I could not find a 60 pin male header, so I used a 64 pin header.  The male header had to be modified a little to not interfere with the drive module PCB.

I do not take good pictures but you can see the cable snaking from where the drive module used to be, and the Prometheus installed with Voodoo 3 card and (obscured) RTL8029 NIC.  It wasn't necessary to move the audio/video module.
Picture Stats:
Views: 2168
Filesize: 266.46kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: Failure at October 15, 2004, 03:16:11 PM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (2)

Methuselas
May 08, 2006, 08:51:41 AM
As long as it works, right?
PaSha
October 16, 2004, 02:42:39 PM
Nice.
Here's a tip for something else you could do:
Have a look at the pcb with the mouse, joystick, serial & paralell connectors on it. It also has a SCSI terminator. Look closely, and you'll see that the SCSI terminator is on a separate piece of the PCB, and can be sawed off with a hacksaw.
This provides access to the DB-9/HDB-15 cutout in the back of the case, and you can mount the VGA-connector extension from the voodoo3 here.

-Paul