Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga OS Conform Software already runs on AROS 68k  (Read 4827 times)

Description:

Offline saimon69

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga OS Conform Software already runs on AROS 68k
« on: October 02, 2019, 06:36:44 PM »
Maybe someone should put up a web page with "unofficial boingbags for AROS/68k, only for owners of AmigaOS 3.9"

I would call it a bit differently to make sure people understand is for AROS, like Kitty Bags, or something on the same topic?

Offline saimon69

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga OS Conform Software already runs on AROS 68k
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 06:55:52 PM »
I still think a fully open source AmigaOS would be more useful though.  Though I do think 3.1 should be open source instead of having to recreate everything from scratch, which is why it's taken AROS so long.

Considered IMO that the legitimate OS is on the mercy of [insert whatever company that has IP here] and that in practical keep from any evolution and possible spin-off/ port to other machines and FPGA - and even devs to contribute if they did work on the real OS, i would say that at least now an alternative is here, albeit incomplete; i did see AROS 68k growing from the first attempts of Toni and Jason to something that can be used by archive.org to boot apps in a virtual machine, and now delivered to a FPGA; and would love to see some glimpse of common sense to put aside the Amigan mindset and for once to work on this plan B - ok is just wishful thinking...

...just to ask, how long would take to have an clean room reimplementation of reAction and how troublesome that would be - legally - if that is what is considered missing?

[btw i remember reading similar things on ReactOs forums about drivers and other technologies not provided yet so that had to be imported by windows packages - we did reach that point]