Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C++ on Amiga  (Read 14929 times)

Description:

Offline Beast96GT

• Show all replies
Re: C++ on Amiga
« on: August 30, 2009, 07:48:20 PM »
Has anyone mentioned AmiDevCpp?  It's a cross-platform IDE (I can use in on WinXP), that will let you choose your target like 68k, or PPC, etc.  It's pretty good, but I haven't had much time to really spend on it.  

Since I'm a PC graphics guy, I don't know (or can find) anything about graphics programming on the old miggy, which is what I'm trying to do with it.

Here's the link to AmiDevCpp:
http://amidevcpp.amiga-world.de/index.php?HR_LANG=english

Offline Beast96GT

• Show all replies
Re: C++ on Amiga
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 04:44:27 AM »
Quote from: SamuraiCrow;521544

@Beast96GT

What do you want to know about Amiga graphics programming?  You can find out a lot by getting the Amiga Developer CD version 2.1 and looking at the graphics libraries section of the RKRMs.

On the PC I used BitBlt (Win32 C++) to write to a 32-bit back buffer that's swapped to the front buffer for a GDI game I wrote.  Now I work with OpenGL and DirectX that provide higher level access to graphics programming (I'm a console game developer), though still through C++.

I was kid when I had my Amiga and know nothing of the architecture.  I'm a very experienced C++ programmer, but I simply don't have the time to try and figure everything out from scratch with regards to the Amiga.  Maybe I can make it a process, but resources are what I need--else I get frustrated and take large breaks.

What can you tell me about this Ami Dev CD, and what are the RKRMs?  Thanks.