Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Google curing death?  (Read 11523 times)

Description:

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
Re: Google curing death?
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 27, 2013, 03:08:14 AM »
Where's my warp drive???

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline Dandy

• Show only replies by Dandy
    • http://www.wiehltalbahn.de/en/
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 09:27:16 AM »
Quote from: SysAdmin;748360

http://www.businessinsider.com/google-is-launching-a-company-that-hopes-to-cure-death-2013-9

Like all forward thinking Amiga owners I have waited an eternity for this! What a great way to use our timeless Amiga's longer.

Are you serious?
Logically considered there are just two possibilities:

1) You can live forever, but have to stop all (straight) sexual activities - or this planet will be hopelessly overcrowded in a few years (if you are immortal and propagate).

2) You are allowed to have sex and propagate, but have to accept that you are mortal as always.

Now choose yourself (don't let mad pseudo scientists and google fool you)...
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)

Offline gaula92

• Show only replies by gaula92
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 10:04:53 AM »
@Dandy: Sexual activity != propagation

:D

Offline Dandy

• Show only replies by Dandy
    • http://www.wiehltalbahn.de/en/
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 10:51:05 AM »
Quote from: gaula92;763953

@Dandy:

Sexual activity != propagation
:D

That's why I put " straight (=not gay or lesbian)" in front of sexual activity...maybe I should add "unprotected" as well...
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 03:21:11 PM »
Ha ha, reminds me of condom slogans that I'd read once, but instead;

If you want to dip it, you must snip it.

Anyone else can think of some?

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline ciVic

• Show only replies by ciVic
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 03:41:31 PM »
Oh wow now Google is working on that, so I would say I will live forever. The interesting thing is, there are many similiar companies that were or are very big. But all have one thing in common, they grow with one (max 2) revolutionary product. After a while you can see that they start buying many other smaller companies. This usually means, their one big product is shrinking and they try to find something else. Another revolutionary product. See Microsoft (DOS and later Windows and many things they've bought like Hotmail, Skype, etc.), Yahoo (search engine and many other smaller things they've bought), Facebook (they are currently buying like hell), Google (also buying like hell). For example Google, they have Google X, a very expensive research institution, but is there a new product? Google Glass seems to die before it is released, never saw a self driving car on the street yet or anything else made by Google X. So my opinion about this "news" is: yet another expensive but unsuccessful project.

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 11:02:24 PM »
They were test driving the self-drive cars in the parking lot of my old job.  I always wanted one!  Bring us some self driving cars like in Demolition Man or 6th Day!  Though I could do without the part about being fined when cursing!  I'd be broke as !@#$

slaapliejde