Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barry Altman and Commodore USA  (Read 61408 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: Barry Altman and Commodore USA
« on: June 03, 2011, 01:34:15 AM »
Quote from: dammy;641936

Well you just will have to wait till some time in 2H11 for those Commodore Amigas to be rolling down the assembly line.  Perhaps you will pass the time waiting while using your A1X1K. Oh wait...

What's up with all these abbreviations? Did you just make these up? If you didn't then that person who did is an idiot.

What year is A1X1K? I'm assuming it was about 1000 years ago...
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 02:23:07 AM »
Quote from: Belial6;642061
You really don't know that 2H11 would be the send half of 2011?  And you didn't now that the metric definition of 1000 is Kilo abreviated as K?  So you really didn't read A1X1K as AmigaOne X1000?  Really?  If those abbreviations flew over your head, then no wonder you post many of the things you post.  You seem to have a hard time understanding the information around you.

No sorry i didn't know that. If i saw that i would never have figured out that "2H11" was what you said it was. We don't use expressions like in my profession (accountancy/finance) so maybe i am in the wrong job?

As for your "A1X1K" i know perfectly well that K stands for 1000 but you missed the point i was trying to make. Isn't the point of using an abbreviation is to simplify and shorten text? What is so hard about typing "X1000" compared to "AIX1K". I don't understand why someone would feel the need to shorten X1000 to A1X1K. Makes no sense to me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: redrumedalion
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 09:00:16 AM »
Quote from: Duce;671553

3 - supporting the old timers.  We have been told we are not their market, but they still persist on gunning for us here and elsewhere.  Have they considered actually SUPPORTING the scene, whether it be via bounties or perhaps sponsoring classic C and Amiga conventions and events rather than just say "WE ARE THE ONE TRUE COMMODORE/AMIGA" and selling commodity HW with a re badged Linux distro?  There's an awful lot of meaningless lip service going on.

But think about the implications that this would have. If they were to fully support the Amiga community what would they do with it? If Barry invested in NatAmi or whatever he would completely **** it up. No thanks. I for one am glad he is not directly involved in the community and i hope he stays there. This way he can't bastardize our little precious community. We are better off without him.

Quote from: weirdami;671555
How come you get a medal next to your handle? I want a medal. wah!

It just means you are the highest poster. It used to be franko with like 16.5 posts a day! So if you want the medal get posting.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 09:03:37 AM »
So when is this CUSA Amiga line coming out? Wasn't it supposed to be this Christmas?   :confused: