Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
@Thread

Like I mentioned in a previous post. If you think EAB is tough then try Amibay:

https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?topic=76404.msg858819

NOTE:
In this case Flop did commit an infraction of the Amibay rules. The reason he was not given any warning is because of Amibay's "Zero Tolerance" ban policy.

I got banned off EAB because you lot are getting back handers off a certain reseller. I’m on Amibay, and must say it’s 100% better over there! It’s great over here too! Also note those attempting to join EAB just getting banned. Time to open your eyes.
Amiga Software Issues and Discussion / Re: RSCP v1.14 released!
« Last post by SpeedGeek on April 30, 2024, 02:03:19 PM »
** NEWS UPDATE **

RSCP v1.15 released!
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: VERY Dim video output from Amiga 4000
« Last post by Retronaut on April 30, 2024, 02:01:23 PM »
I tried heating the C460D and C460C Capacitors and it made no difference.

I measured the voltage coming out of these two, and its showing 3.9v, which seems way above the 1.5 - 2.5v your sheet indicates is correct.

I also checked the SPEC sheet for the DAC, and unless I am mistaken, I THINK the RGB signals ARE going out in spec, have a look at its SPEC doc
https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/adv7120.pdf

And you'll see it is saying the outputs are in the 20-30mV range...

This being the case, I am begining to wonder if my RGB to SCART cable is the issue. Maybe it working on the A500 is a false positive. Because it APPEARS the RGB output is correct.

I wondering, if anyone else has an A4000 out there that can measure its RGB pins and see what they output when a light grey Workbench is displayed.

@Thread

Like I mentioned in a previous post. If you think EAB is tough then try Amibay:

https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?topic=76404.msg858819

NOTE:
In this case Flop did commit an infraction of the Amibay rules. The reason he was not given any warning is because of Amibay's "Zero Tolerance" ban policy.   
General chat about Amiga topics / Re: PiSTORM in general
« Last post by F0LLETT on April 30, 2024, 09:30:03 AM »
When you add this bit, please can you include setting it to read/write and mounting on the Amiga side? I do this and it allows me to update the version of Emu68 without taking the card out. I'm not in front of my machine right now, but I'm happy to contribute the steps if you want.

Added, hopefully it makes sense and easy to follow.

PS32-Lite amiga.org Wiki
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: VERY Dim video output from Amiga 4000
« Last post by Retronaut on April 30, 2024, 12:45:18 AM »
Thanks Castellen, an update.. I noticed that if I pressed just to the side of the DAC (between it and U211), the image got a little brighter, though it required quite some pressure.

So in case of a dry joint, I reflowed the pins on that side of the DAC and also on U211. Also the jumpers near there, just in case. No change.

Its lat here now, but I'll give your Capacitor info a look tm. It makes sense that if C460c went wonky, then it would modify the brightness. Me and my friend discussed this. But I did not know the expected voltage out of it, and I did not have a method to measure it in circuit so...

I'll try the heating first. Fingers crossed its this, a pretty simple fix if it is!
« Last post by Castellen on April 29, 2024, 09:32:15 PM »
The too dark image is the result of the analogue levels on the R, G, B outputs being too low, and there's usually three factors involved:
1. Incorrect DAC reference voltage, though you've confirmed this is correct at 1.2V

2. If C460C or C460D has become resistive, which can happen, it will be pulling COMP (DAC pin 40) lower than expected, my service notes (attached) show this typically measures 1.7 - 2.5VDC

3. Some kind of impedance mismatch with your monitor, resulting in the R, G, B levels being excessively low, though that's unlikely given the monitor works correctly with the A500

It's not common for the DAC ICs to just 'go dim'.  They typically either work, or they don't.  And it's rare for these ICs to fail.  I've been repairing Amigas for around 30 years and I don't recall seeing a single DAC failure.

I'd suggest using my notes attached for reference, or compare with another A4000.  Pay attention to the DC level on DAC pin 40 to begin with, try removing C460C (100nF) on the bottom side and see if that makes any difference.  You may also find that heating the ceramic capacitors with hot air can temporarily 'fix' the resistive condition, which usually returns once it cools.

You could also check you have video data on all 24 digital inputs to the DAC, though that doesn't match the fault description.
NOTE: I didn't have the Devs:Firmware folder to start with but some of you might)

I can attach the package with the firmware and such, but remind me to remove it once it gets to release state.
This is still considered ALPHA, folks. ;)
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: Amiga 2000 Video & Audio Issues
« Last post by Castellen on April 29, 2024, 09:07:36 PM »
But after bending all pins straight again the A2000 is back up and running again ^^

I'd suggest replacing the entire PLCC socket unless you're very confident it's perfect.  IC sockets are notorious for causing all sorts of horrible intermittent problems.

Any suggestions on other things I could do? :)

Depends what you want to do long term.  There are plenty of interesting options in terms of the PiStorm and Vampire expansions.
My New Records(First Run Driving Train)(29.04.2024):
Train Driver Simulator 3, Full Version, Route - Wolves&oxley, Loco 87 Lord Nelson, My Record Station 2 Milton Keynes, 1, 5(29.04.2024):
https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=76470.0;attach=3406;image
Train Driver Simulator 3, Full Version, Route - Wolves&oxley, Loco 87 Lord Nelson, My Record Station 2 Milton Keynes, 2, 6(29.04.2024):
https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=76470.0;attach=3408;image

This was very hard experiences od driving trains, but and very interesting... My driver % 11 - not enough yet for Drive to Station 3, but anyway this was good first runs with adventures on ways, and now anyway i senese better drive of trains...
Skills up!...

Updated\Added Latter:
I added my favorite map\route from Train Driver 3 Simulator From Demo Version, Route Name: re-ka-fds, this reaminds me Season Autumn, with Weather Leaf Autumn!
But, now i can drive trains more than 10 Miles in my favorite map in Full Version of this game train Driver 3, i happy!
Train Driver Simulator 3, Full Version, Route -re_ka-fds, Loco 06209 Princess Beatrice, Weather Leaf Autumn , 1, 8(29.04.2024):
https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=76470.0;attach=3410;image
Train Driver Simulator 3, Full Version, Route -re_ka-fds, Loco 06209 Princess Beatrice, Weather Leaf Autumn , 2, 9(29.04.2024):
https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=76470.0;attach=3412;image
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10