Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiQuake 2 - new 68k Quake 2 Port  (Read 25972 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: AmiQuake 2 - new 68k Quake 2 Port
« on: March 21, 2013, 01:28:29 PM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;729906
New version released v1.01 to AmiNet.

Fixes the bug with using the +/- keys to resize the screen and also improves speed :)

v1.01 AmiQuake2

:)

Very nice indeed, well done! :)

Is there a document somewhere that details your modifications and optimizations to the code?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:06:59 AM »
Quote from: Lurch;732108
@Karlos - Is that on your A1?

It's this Windows only port: http://berserker.quakegate.ru

Quote from: Lurch;732109
I had a 486SX/25 with a Soundblaster/CDROM compared to my 500 it was a beast. Sold my 500 that year, had it since release though :-)

It was cheaper and hardware was more available at the time, and FPS games wow :-)

Was my first HP (hire purchase) Miss it, it was a Commodore version in a desktop case. The same one the A4000 was sold in.

That was my first PC too. :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 05:18:40 AM »
Quote from: Lurch;732117
Windows port on an Amiga forum!!! :-) LOL

Amazing machine, in the end use to run DesQview and QEMM memory manager so I could have two nodes for my BBS. One for me to logon with and the one connected to the phone line.

A mate of mine had a fully upgraded 500 he would dial in on, the ANSi would always look wrong on the Amiga.

Love ANSI art, have drawn a couple. Have lost the knack these days. Anyway getting OT :-)

Nice!

I remember pulling half the ram chips from the onboard Paradise VGA card and fitting them to my Gravis Ultrasound. :)

I eventually replaced the 486 CPU with a Pentium Overdrive which made it fly!

/Apologies for going OT....

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 05:38:06 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;732120
What on amiga.org, don't be silly ;)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 02:04:19 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;732492
Great, time to release the source code then :-D

Indeed it is. :)

I've looked on aminet and the eab thread but can't find the source yet.

@Novacoder

Could you please put the source on Aminet or maybe on sourceforge/github etc.

Cheers!

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 09:06:28 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;733693
v1.07 in action :)

[youtube]SNKk9tQwwjM[/youtube]

Looking good! :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 09:10:06 PM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;733558
I'm still playing through the single player game (full retail version) and doing little tweaks here and there to the source code, I'll release it when I'm finished with it.  

Are you any closer to releasing the code yet?

Sorry to pester you but I'm dying to get my hands on it to see how you got it performing so well! :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 11:23:10 PM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;734454
I don't that is possible. I don't think NovaCoder or anyone as good as NovaCoder could achieve that...simply put because that is what the minimum requirements of this game anyways. Otherwise if he can manage that..then people who have games that requires 1 GB of RAM in a PC should be able to hack it to run at 256 MB of RAM or even 64 MB of RAM and I have not seeing that done in any computer history. It is really the physical programmer who programmed the game with their codes and optimization have reached to the minimum requirement of 64 MB of RAM.  64 MB of RAM is not so bad to be honest...it just matter of me getting the cash first then I can upgrade my Apollo to 64 MB of RAM.

Sell your Subway to pay for it. :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 09:57:07 PM »
On the subject of making ancient hardware do 3d stuff it wasn't designed for, take a look at this masterpiece of coding wizardry! :)
http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=61298

Offline nicholas

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 11:57:24 PM »
Quote from: Crumb;735245
@nicholas

not bad for a c64 although I was more amazed by smash design's versions of amiga&pc demos.

Oh of course, but real-time raycasting in 254 bytes @ <1MHz is amazing. :)

BTW, on an AGA miggy this smoothness is achieved using copper-synchronized c2p :-)
http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=56885

It would be nice to see some techniques like these in Q2-AGA

Very nice indeed and it would be nice to see these improvements on top of the stellar work Nova has achieved so far.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:12:38 AM by nicholas »

Offline nicholas

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 12:31:08 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;735250
Do you have the source for this copper assisted C2P?

IRA? ;)

http://aminet.net/package/dev/asm/ira

Offline nicholas

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 08:54:40 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;735280
What the heck does a reasembler do?

Like a disassembler but the code it produces can usually be reassembled to an executable, this isn't always true for some disassemblers like Resource etc.