Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Canada Wins Again!!!  (Read 1574 times)

Description:

Offline GlaucusTopic starter

• Show only replies by Glaucus
    • http://members.shaw.ca/mveroukis/
Re: Canada Wins Again!!!
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 15, 2004, 06:26:18 PM »

Ilwrath wrote:
Yep... Well done by Team Canada.  

Now we can all pull for the Flames in the Stanley Cup.  Though they lost game 3 a couple hours ago.  :-(    But the Flames deserve the Cup on work ethic, alone.  How can you not like 'em?  (And that's saying a lot, as living in Detroit, I'm a Wings fan!)
Hey, I'm a Wings fan too, so it was a tough call for me. I would have been happy either way, especially as I'm usually not a big Calgary fan. But now I'd really like to see a Canadian team win the cup, even though which ever team does win the cup, most of it's best players are Canadian anyway. :-D

- Mike
YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE

Offline GlaucusTopic starter

• Show only replies by Glaucus
    • http://members.shaw.ca/mveroukis/
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2004, 06:31:16 PM »

T_Bone wrote:
Yea yea yea...

Once they come up with a heated ice rink, we'll dominate that too. :-)
heh. I can't believe hockey caught on in Phoenix! I didn't know people in Phoenix even knew what hockey is! But then again, they are the 4th worst team in the league, so maybe hockey isn't so hot there after all.  ;-)

- Mike
YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE

Offline Fade

• Show only replies by Fade
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2004, 07:18:34 AM »
What's hockey? :hat:
If you\\\'re still voting Democrat, you\\\'re stuck on stupid!

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2004, 10:59:19 AM »
Hey, I'm a Wings fan too, so it was a tough call for me. I would have been happy either way, especially as I'm usually not a big Calgary fan.

Well, I was pulling for the Wings in the series, for sure.  But I can't hold a grudge against Calgary.  They wanted it more.  There was little doubt, when watching the difference of which team's players were moving their feet.

heh. I can't believe hockey caught on in Phoenix! I didn't know people in Phoenix even knew what hockey is! But then again, they are the 4th worst team in the league, so maybe hockey isn't so hot there after all.

Yeah, I don't think it's very popular there.  At least not yet.  If I saw a promotion correctly, they were actually giving away tickets in certain special marked cases of Pepsi products, and such.  It just seems so unthinkable compared to Detroit, where home game scalpers have no problem moving top-row, upper-bowl, obstructed-view tickets for at least face price.  ;-)