Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: F1  (Read 10513 times)

Description:

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
Re: F1 2007
« Reply #149 from previous page: July 22, 2007, 03:44:53 PM »

blobrana wrote:
Wow,
Fantastic action  from the Nurburgring

Fantastic indeed.  I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the 6 car aquaplaning at the same corner.  And then Winkelhock in a Spyker leading the race and restart.

Absolutely hilarious for all the wrong reasons.  I thought it was great when Takumo overtook Alonso a few races back, but this is something else!

Shame about Lewis not getting that last point but as he said it's a new experience for him not having to go on the podium :lol:

(I wouldn't have found the aquaplaning funny if they were going at full speed and had a big crash btw)
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2007, 05:46:02 PM »
The crashes are the only thing which make F1 interesting.

Offline lurkist

• Show only replies by lurkist
« Reply #151 on: September 09, 2007, 12:30:58 PM »
OK, this is the final insult from ITV.  They have bumped F1 out of the way to give schedule time to that gay sport for gays, rugby.  We are only allowed the highlights later tonight.  AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHHH
A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 1260 66 +32MB, OS3.9, 2.5\\" HD, IDEfix97 + DVD-RW + Zip, SD/FF + 15\\" CRT, Ioblix1200P + scanner, PCMCIA LAN + router

Offline Vincent

« Reply #152 on: September 09, 2007, 03:34:38 PM »
That's just {bleep}e.

I thought we got it bad yesterday when the qualifying was bumped to 11pm (ish) because of the macho hugging period in the afternoon.

Definitely worth an email complaint to your regional ITV operator.
Xbox360

Offline lurkist

• Show only replies by lurkist
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2007, 12:58:09 PM »
I did complain, sort of in the form of a question as I was still holding out hope that it was scheduled slightly later or on one of their other channels (the text info might have been wrong).  They replied (quickly to be fair) that they had "opted out" of airing the F1 in favour of r***y.  We were indeed left with only the highlights.
Sacrilege.

I should probably apologise for my "gay" thing above, it was written quickly in anger, and was not intended to cause offense.  I am not a homophobe, it is simply a quote from a British comedy series called Little Britain - "...this is a gay (insert whatever here) for gays...".

lurkist
A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 1260 66 +32MB, OS3.9, 2.5\\" HD, IDEfix97 + DVD-RW + Zip, SD/FF + 15\\" CRT, Ioblix1200P + scanner, PCMCIA LAN + router

Offline blobranaTopic starter

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2007, 06:40:14 PM »
McLaren have been stripped of their points in the 2007 Formula One constructors' championship after the outcome of the 'spygate' row.

Source

Offline Vincent

« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2007, 06:54:43 PM »
Just seen it on News 24.

Fined $100million aswell.

--edit--
Will they still get constructor's points in the rest of the races?  I know that they're not allowed constructor representatives on the podium, which makes me think that they'll still get the points.

Saying that, if they do get the points, but aren't on the podium do they still get the constructor's trophy?
Xbox360

Offline countzero

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2007, 09:11:57 PM »

On 10 July 2007 a High Court hearing was opened and adjourned until 11 July 2007 to allow Mike Coughlan to submit an affidavit.[10] However details released include the fact that Mike Coughlan is alleged by Ferrari to be in possession of 780 pages of Ferrari documentation and that his wife is alleged to have taken them to a photocopying shop near Woking [11]. Ferrari were allegedly unaware that their technical information had been stolen, until they received a tip from an employee in the photocopying shop. The staff member saw that the documents were confidential and belonged to Ferrari and, after copying them, decided to contact the team’s headquarters in Italy [12].

moral of the story : don't be a cheapskate when you're stealing multimillion $ worth confidential information. Buy a copy machine and do it yourself FFS !

Vincent, no thropy for mcLaren this year. They don't get any points from the remaining races as well.
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline Vincent

« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2007, 02:17:32 PM »
Welcome back Fuji :-D

I thought it was going to be dreadful with the SC being out for about 20 laps (I taped it so I could watch it as soon as I got up so I skipped a good bit of this), but the race did have it's moments.

Like when Alonso crashed.

Raikkonen and Massa passing almost everyone to get back into scoring positions after changing tyres and going to the back.

DC just missing out on the podium.

Kubica and Hamilton coming together.

But the best moment had to be Kubica and Massa fighting for 6th during the last corners.  That was just fantastic.
Xbox360

Offline blobranaTopic starter

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2007, 07:13:47 PM »
Wow,
that was exciting....One of the best seasons racing.