Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alien-VS-Predator, 1.5/4 stars. Weak, unimaginative and sanitised.  (Read 1153 times)

Description:

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
I'm a Predator fan. After seeing the AvP movie, I too was  dissapointed, however I kind of prepared myself for a dissapointment.

The movie itself is pretty short. There is no character development in the movie whatsoever. You get this..."team"...which was quickly bundled up together, and there is nothing special about any of them, like for example there's no Arnie. :-)

The movie is basically about a bunch of fight scenes between Predators and Aliens, and that's it. The makers of the movie simply wanted to rush into fight sequences, without properly creating suspense, or anything really scary for that matter. Hey, ever wondered what it would look like if Alien battled the Predator? Well, here it is. Roar, squeek! Slash, shkwhhhh! Whoks!!! Just remember how cool and scary it was in the original Predator movie, when Dutch tried to walk out from the bushes to act as bait, then he turned back, and the trap behind him suddenly snapped and went up with the Predator in it? The whole scene was sooo cool and full of suspense, thrill, and anticipation, that made your skin crawl. Not to mention that there's not a single moment in the movie that is remotely as cool as the mini-gun scene in P1. Saaaaargeeent! :-)

Let's just say that Predator 2 was a far  better movie! :lol:

And another thing. Predators were supposed to pick HOT areas on earth, when hunting, so that they could SEE their pray. How can they magically see, all of a sudden in such cold temperatures? There was a reason why Predator arrived in the hot jungle and hot L.A. in parts 1 and 2. They've completely disregarded this fact in AvP.