Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alien-VS-Predator, 1.5/4 stars. Weak, unimaginative and sanitised.  (Read 1145 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
My fears after hearing of the PG-13 rating were correct. I won't give the plot or storyline away, but lets just say the violence in the movie won't scare anyone over 6 years of age. The way the story wraps up is completely unbelievable and dumb, of course at the very end they leve you with the impression there will be a AVP2.

I wouldn't give this movie an F, more like a D+ or C-. 1.5 stars out of 4. It has it's moments, but they are few and far between. I recomend waiting for a rental or for it to hit cable. It's not worth the ~$8.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
Re: Alien-VS-Predator, 1.5/4 stars. Weak, unimaginative and sanitised.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 02:43:25 PM »
Most people seem to think that this film is supposed to be scary and this has never been the case. None of the earlier Preditor / Alien films were scary, they were just sci-fi action movies.

Huh :-? I gotta disagree with you completely on this point. The earlier movies were Sci-Fi for sure, but were also borderline horror. Scary indeed. Think of Arnie covered in mud as the Predator stands feet away from him scanning with IR over the area. Think of the bodies skinned and hung upsidedown. Think of the little girl scared s***less in the water as the alien comes up behind her. Good edge of your seat stuff. AVP is about as frightening as watching WWF wrestling or a rated E "for Everyone" videogame. The premise is neat, but it is ripped from a comic book, and I'd bet the comic was bloodier. The characters themselves are pale imitations of the creatures from the earlier movies.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!