Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Cache of Minnesota!!! Raymond Computer is Liquidating. Cont.  (Read 20197 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
@Claw2200,

I don't see any new items added to the eBay auctions/buy-it-now sales for this seller today than there was from several days ago.  Is the shop owner taking this stuff to an eBay re-seller to have the auctions/buy-it-now sales set up on eBay?  When do you expect more sales/auctions to be shown on eBay for these Amiga & Commodore items?

Also, can you encourage the shop owner to change from "Buy-it-Now" only sales to Buy-it-Now with the option of making an offer too on all of this Amiga & Commodore items.  His pricing is very high and he might end up with many auctions/sales that go to the end with no bids or sales, but if he adds the option of getting offers, he will get an idea of what the current realistic prices for these items really are.

I am looking forward to seeing the auctions/sales for his Amiga books, but not if his prices are going to be so outrageous.  If he really needs to sell some of this stuff to avoid moving it again to another location, he had better set the prices at more reasonable levels.  Or did I misunderstand the reason for this liquidation and he is not moving to another location?  When is this move supposed to be happening?  With that much stuff to put up on eBay, it could take a year or more to sort it all and put it up for sale/auction.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: Amiga Cache of Minnesota!!! Raymond Computer is Liquidating. Cont.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 04:12:13 AM »
Thanks for the reply and answers.  Is the store still open for people to show up and buy things in person from Raymond (or was it ever open to walk-in traffic)?

It is too far for me to travel there and make it worth the travel expenses, but there might be others that are a lot closer that would like to visit that treasure house of Amiga & Commodore gear, software & books.

Just for reference, I bought a brand new CD32 on eBay about 18 to 24 months ago for $49.00 plus shipping.  That estimated price of $400 is ridiculous!  How does he expect to sell anything at those prices?  There seems to be no use in getting my hopes up that I will find anything worth buying from his eBay sales, if he is going to price everything like that, and the other eBay sales he already has listed.  He must be giving the eBay seller too much commission for handling the sales for him.

Too bad, I was hoping to fill in a few holes in my Amiga book collection and possibly find a few software titles that I would like to have.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 03:58:33 AM »
Quote from: Claw22000;623541
I'm glade you mentioned that.  The majority of Amigas are 1000's.  I did talk to Raymond on saturday about overseas dealings.  He said if we get cash upfront for item and shipping that we would have to work these deals "NOT" on ebay.  He had some problems with this in the past and dosn't want to have a reaccurance.  If your still interested let me know asap as we are starting an Off Ebay request sheet for people that are looking to get things overseas.  If you see something you want on ebay let us know and we might have more.

thanks

Any chance you would be able to post a list of your cataloged items here for us to look at before the items went to the eBay reseller, so we could make offers on them directly to Raymond and save him the trouble and extra expense of using the eBay re-seller?

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 04:02:11 AM »
Quote from: Claw22000;623536
Walkins are welcome still send a PM and we can work out a time. It is a warehouse and we all have other jobs/families to deal with as well so Its by appointment only.  Saturdays works best.

Not all his pricing is ridiculous.  Some is like I stated before I don't have control over it.  If your not interested in an item because of its price wait and see if it drops.  Thats all I really can suggest.  As for the commision I don't have any of that information but you can always request that from the seller on ebay.

I do know the books and sofware isn't something hes looking to make alot of money one except for a FEW Items that are very rare from what I understand.  Books are going to be sold fairly cheap and I do know he wishs to keep 1 copy of each  one for his own collection.  He calls those shop copies.  And from what I'm aware of there not shown in the video.

If I lived closer, I would definitely take the time to make an appointment to walk through that warehouse and dig for treasure.  If anyone else lives close enough to do so, please contact me so I can give you a list of what to look for, for me.  I am mostly interested in programming books and software.