Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is emulation based x86 machines in Amiga cases really a no no? or......  (Read 7974 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
Re: Is emulation based x86 machines in Amiga cases really a no no? or......
« Reply #104 from previous page: January 16, 2012, 12:34:26 PM »
Are you using the Amithlon to do anything besides transporting farm animals?

Quote from: Duce;676118
Smerf,

Last "real" Amiga I used regularly was in the 90's.  Sold my A4000 back then, went to the PC.  4-5 years ago I picked up a PPC 1200, hated it.  Bought a SAM 440 shortly thereafter, love it.  It currently runs an old school telnet BBS, but doesn't see much use otherwise.

I build PC's for a living, and currently have an i7 running at 4ghz, with 2 590's, 24 GB RAM and jammed full of SSD's.  Mainly used for gaming, obviously.

My daily driver Amiga is an Amithlon box that hauls complete ass.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:45:28 PM by persia »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2012, 03:58:40 PM »
Hi,

@Duce,

Looked at the I7's and really like them, but once again cost is the factor, decided to go with a 6 core AMD 1090T, now wouldn't you believe it but the week after I bought the 1090T, they came out with the 1100T. Oh well can't keep up to date with the movement of todays Personal Computers. By the way I don't consider anything built by Apple as a real computer. If you can't mess with the OS, or change the hardware then it is classified as junk in my book.

This forum right here reminds me of "When does a Harley stop being a Harley? question. After you change the motor, the frame, the steering forks. Or does it just continue being a Harley as long as you keep the name tag on it?

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2012, 04:51:30 PM »
Its a yes and a no from me, I'm a fan of aros and of amiga emulation and I quite like the old idea of having the whole computer inside the keyboard. The thing for me is that it should be true to it self and aim it self at the retro market much like the atari flashback device or Blaze Mega drive system,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blaze-Atari-Flashback-3-Console/dp/B005HGDPCM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1326731122&sr=8-2
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Megadrive-Player-Console-Games-built/dp/B003ZJ28HQ/ref=pd_sim_vg_h__7

Both these system sell for less than £40, brilliant for retro fans and i think Clusteruk had the right idea to try and make a aros machine for less than £100 and now maybe see if they can get it on the Raspberry Pi for $25 would be really cool. Lets face it to run every amiga app you dont need a lot of power. Putting it all inside of a nice looking retro case would be really nice as long as it doest add too much to the cost, like a c64 replica at $400 to me is just a little too much too me.