Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows worldwide market share is stuck at 15% and falling  (Read 9461 times)

Description:

Offline gaula92

• Show all replies
Re: Windows worldwide market share is stuck at 15% and falling
« on: October 22, 2013, 05:09:30 PM »
Ah.. The fall of Microsoft, what a beautiful dream. A world where the desktop computers are all Linux/Amiga/Risc OS niche powerstations where we can program, play and create without having to spot a single Microsoft app.
At the same time, non tech-saavy people can have their tablets and smartphones, too.

Desktop hardware prices won't skyrocket: look at the Raspberry Pi, the Cubie2 or the IFC6410 SBCs. That's where the desktop is going after the fall of the Dark Lord.
What a party I will make when Microsoft goes belly-up!

Offline gaula92

• Show all replies
Re: Windows worldwide market share is stuck at 15% and falling
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 07:43:16 PM »
Quote from: hbarcellos;750808
I think some of the 80'rs 90'rs like us blame M$ for the fall of Commodore.
Another one of those myopic debates about VHS/Betamax, and VHS should be hated because video quality on Betamax was better...

for instance, what defines a "better" humanoid? How do we know if Homo-Sapiens was the "best" one?

The one who survived, maybe?

Hey hbarcellos, I see you have other tastes beside MSX :D Nice to see you around here, too.

No, I don't blame Microsoft for the fall of Commodore: Commodore was leeching the C64 too long and they didn't invest enough on Amiga technology, being unable to update it properly for almos 10 years. I know the story of the once mighty Commodore and I don't have any love for that company.

But Microsoft has made computing boring, ugly, soul-less, inefficient, stupid and offensive. I hate their products because of the BAD feeling they have, the poor technology decisions they have always taken and their most inner stupidity. They used to call Amiga a "games machine": "huh, colors, music, mouse.. what are those for, gaming?"
They damaged the industry beyond repair with their dominance based on strong and agresive marketing and distribution chain mafia-like politics, to put their atrocious products down our throats.

I HOPE they consume, suffer, die and disapear with pain and hunger.