Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

The VERY FIRST A500 version!!!
The VERY FIRST A500 version!!!
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: I've found this nice baby on German ebay.
It looked in very bad conditions and the seller said it was defective... anyway the low price encouraged me to take a risk. After an internal and external cleaning, a new Amiga is born!  
Now it is just a bit yellowed (not so much...) and 100% working!
This version has some unique features such as the C= key instead of the "Amiga Left", the kickstart version (1.2), the red leds both for power and caps-lock, the C= logo engraved on plastic (no label).

The main picture shows how the A500 looks now. There are also some nice additions (disks and manuals) that come from the same auction!
Below, you can see the computer before the cleaning steps and some details of this rare version.
Picture Stats:
Views: 1646
Filesize: 137.74kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: starf81 at March 15, 2008, 01:04:18 PM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (4)

starf81
March 17, 2008, 01:32:29 PM
I agree, that's the better Amiga keyboard ever done, it has a great feeling.

In regards of your early A500, since it is still originally sealed, I'd avoid to open it. Even if that's not the same and it's harder to get a good result, you could try to clean it carefully from outside.
I did the same with all my never opened Amiga stuff.
Colani1200
March 16, 2008, 03:22:03 PM
I got one of those for free several years ago. It also has that "clicky" top quality keyboard (made by Cherry AFAIK) that later versions didn't have. It is in working condition, but dirty beyond imagination. To be able to clean it, I would have to take it apart, but it still has the warranty seal so I didn't dare to do it yet. What do you think?
starf81
March 16, 2008, 11:35:15 AM
Nice! I'd like to see your early A500s!

In regards of those "jurassic" manuals, I have a lot of variants, they're very very interesting!
I'll upload some pics very soon...  ;-)
Amigaz
March 15, 2008, 07:11:45 PM
Have two of these early babys but not those jurassic looking A500 manuals you got there  ;-)

The keyboard click feel is much better on these early models imho