Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: KickWork  (Read 23864 times)

Description:

Offline mrnukem

• Show all replies
Re: KickWork
« on: March 24, 2008, 05:21:23 AM »
I have gotten the KickWork to write a boot image using kickstart rom v 1.3 to a disk that does boot on my Amiga 1000. It boots kickstart then ends at a shell type screen and it does not recognize any commands I have tried at the shell prompt.

When I boot to my regular WB 1.3 and try to copy any files to the boot disk I created it will not allow me to double click to open the disk icon, it just flashes. When I right clicked on the icon and checked info from the tool bar it gives a 'not a dos disk" message. I tried Kickwork with the -b option which made the disk image but when I tried to boot it asks me for a kickstart disk.

I am also still fairly new at the Amiga and I am not sure what files I would need to copy over from my WB 1.3 disk  to the Kickwork disk to get Workbench up and running even if I could get the files on there.

Any tips or links to detailed instructions would be great. I have googled for detailed info but have not found much.

If any kind soul can make an .ADF of a full working A1000 disk image that boots all the way to Workbench 1.3 and e-mail to me at mrnukem at gmail.com that would be even better. I use Amiga Explorer to transfer images over.

Thank you

** Mistrust Authority. Promote Decentralization **

Offline mrnukem

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 08:47:30 PM »
Pm Sent. Thank you!

Offline mrnukem

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 11:58:31 PM »
Thanks TjLaZer for the help. Your solution got me up and running!