Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AROS Support  (Read 2641 times)

Description:

Offline Gaidheal

• Show all replies
Re: AROS Support
« on: July 10, 2003, 12:09:52 PM »
@Rodney:

AROS is C not C++ and staying that way for now at least :¬)  I know because I asked on the dev list myself, wrt my emulation project.

@thread:

Yes, I downloaded it.  Burnt it.  Tried it.  Read the AROS site and signed up as a developer to do their emulation.  In that order, all within the week.  I hope that gives a sufficient measure of how impressed I was.  Oh, yes, I shall be switching to AROS as my desktop OS at the earliest opportunity and hope to do all my future development work, as far as possible, even that targetted at Windows, from AROS.  Obviously it is not ready for that yet.. but then that would be why we need developers, right? :¬)

My machine specs (for the curious):

AMD Athlon XP 2400+
1024Mb DDR400 RAM
40Gb ATA133 7200rpm HDD
16x DVD-ROM
52x24x52 CD-R/W
GeForce FX 5600
GA-7NNXP m/b
[color=3300FF]Gaidheal[/color][/b][color=0066CC] - \\"The Emulator Guy\\"[/color][/i]

Offline Gaidheal

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 12:13:56 PM »
@Matt:

Deceased laptop (well video on it) is a P4.. claim is apparently going through.. with luck I'll get a P4 replacement, so yeah, we'll be able to test on P4s and laptops :¬)
[color=3300FF]Gaidheal[/color][/b][color=0066CC] - \\"The Emulator Guy\\"[/color][/i]

Offline Gaidheal

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 02:37:39 PM »
@Xdelusion:

Which Dual CPU board you using?  Quake indeed does seem to be not properly installed on Matt's ISO.  Either that or both you and are inept with it in the same way :¬)

As for lots of hobbies requiring Windows.... well I have targetted Windows itself using software that was not running on Windows.  So it is not as necessary as you might imagine, but actually XP is one of the better desktop OSes around.. despite it being MS.  Sadly it does of course have "Microsoftitis" - i.e. loaded with pointless 'features' and "legacy" quirks.  I fully expect to be able to switch to AROS for just about everything, though.  Here is a thought... Windows emulator for AROS  :-o

Offline Gaidheal

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 03:30:09 PM »
My Palm is knackered... tempted to get a new one just try AROS on it :¬)