Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Re: Game development project anyone?  (Read 3671 times)

Description:

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
Re: Game development project anyone?
« on: November 20, 2003, 06:34:24 PM »
@ Restore

Visual Arts sounds okay. If anything, we can use it until we come up with a name more suited to the 'company'.  ;-)

[EDIT]

I agree with the SDL idea. While it would be great to have it for the Amiga, there is a slight possiblity that if the games good enough, it could be picked up for PC, Mac, Linux or Console.

Having a bigger market is always better, but like I said before, since you have a basic idea about what you want out of the game, make sure you give us a list of what the engine *SHOULD* do, in terms of playability, levels, etc.

\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 08:22:07 PM »
Gotcha. I'll get on it, as soon as I get the email.

Heh, you kind of threw me for a loop when you said you needed cities with no more than 12 buildings.  I was sitting here thinking, 'What kinds of buildings'?!?

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 10:10:50 PM »
Okay, I think I got it.

So were talking 6 buildings, one for each type of soldier. IE, A Templar Temple for building templar knights, a Dwarven Church to build Battle Priests, a Druid Grove for Elven Druids, Orc Hatchery for builiding Orc Shock Troops,  etc.

A spell school, with different versions per upgrade. That's fairly easy. Is there a different building for each racial sect, or is it universal?

A city hall, to change to a keep and then a castle or palace. I assume that this will be different for each race, but correct me if I am mistaken.

And finally a barracks, to train the soldiers in.

Are there any other buildings, like an iron works, so you can have upgraded weapons and armor, or are those done in the buildings that are used to gain the soldiers?

I've got a couple of sketches done. I'm going to go to my mates, father's house to scan them tonite. You know, if you're using Demons or the like, I still have most of the work I did when I was applying for a job at ClickBOOM on 666. I never sent them my portfolio, so they're fair game to use.  

I do hope that ClickBOOM is still going to release 666. I never played Nightlong, but I saw the trailer and it looked sweet.

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 10:29:39 PM »
an elvish town should look elvish etc

Okay, the next time I see an elf at the grocer, I'll ask him what his home town looks like.  :-P

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 10:41:35 PM »
HAHAHAHA I kinda have an idea of what it should look like. I have a story I've been writing for years, where San Angeles is what I refer to a 'living, concrete jungle' in the middle of Elven Homelands.  I'll just take out the buildings.  ;-)

I just thought it sounded funny. You'll have to forgive me for my dry sense of humor. One of the quirks I gained from having an english grandparents, I'm told.

@ Kronos

Gee, I always thought Elves lived in the Underdark. ;^) Dwarves are the tree-huggers, right?

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2003, 10:43:27 PM »
You have played warcraft III havent you?  

I haven't even seen it, actually. I haven't bought a game in some time. The last one I did was Neverwinter Nights and that was a year ago.