Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AROS not liking my system?  (Read 1203 times)

Description:

Offline irishmikeTopic starter

• Show only replies by irishmike
    • http://www.jmikeneedham.net
AROS not liking my system?
« on: July 04, 2004, 07:10:46 PM »
Greetings:

In taking someone's advice on running AmigaOS (actually AROS) on my Athelon system... I tried it by obtaining the ISO of the live cd and it booted fine.  I am a total newbie to Amiga and wasn't sure what to do, so like I always do, I started poking around.  Played Mines and went to check out some of the things that come with the OS... it locked up tight and crashed... reset my processor and of course just was hanging at that point.

The system is an Athlon XP 2800+ with 512MB and it is on a Asus mainboard which is in iteself interesting because it is a NFORCE mobo.  This gives Linux a bit of trouble too.  I am looking into replacing the system with an AmigaOne mobo and obtaining a ATI 7000 video card in place of my GEFORCE 5600, these would of course go to Ebay if I buy the A1.

Anyhow, after a long and drawn out posting... is there known bugs in AROS with my NFORCE mobo and is that the issue or is it something I am missing?

Thanks,

Mike Needham

\\"When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.\\"
- Marquis de la Grange

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
Re: AROS not liking my system?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 07:36:23 PM »
by irishmike on 2004/7/4 14:10:46

The system is an Athlon XP 2800+ with 512MB and it is on a Asus mainboard which is in iteself interesting because it is a NFORCE mobo. This gives Linux a bit of trouble too.

Actually, ASUS mobos are my favorite and that is what I'm targetting to be supported by the AROS Devs (ie sound coming in 90 or so days for AC97 on nForce mobos).  First question is where is it having troubles at?  Do you have the USB turned off in BIOS (since there is currently no support for USB at the moment)?  Do you have a floppy drive? If not, make sure it's turned off in BIOS.

If you need real time help, I suggest jumping on IRC at irc.freenode.org and join #aros and ask in there for help.  Lots of the main devs hang out there.

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.