Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga PCs on the way....  (Read 33090 times)

Description:

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
Re: Amiga PCs on the way....
« Reply #239 from previous page: September 11, 2010, 02:03:29 AM »
Quote from: Belial6;578731
Seriously, have you never heard of Asprin?  

Apparently you haven't. Aspirin lost its trademark as part of Germany's war reparations after WW1.

Last I checked, Commodore was a company that went bankrupt and as cool as the Amiga was, doesn't nearly come into the same level of ubiquity as Apirin and it's derivatives.

Also, the USA, whilst it may have lost Vietnam, has never been pulverised into submission on its own turf AFAIK.

Also, you are posting in a public forum.  Telling a member of the forum that he shouldn't be getting involved in the discussion is ridiculous.

I told him to wind his neck in because the very thing he was having a pop at me over had been answered in a post specifically replying to him. He may have missed it, but as it was he looked a little silly responding to something said that was unrelated to him.

As for you: pot, kettle, black.

The fact is, he is NOT going to get mauled.  The worst he is going to get is a sternly written letter from the other parties lawyer.  

Apple have form for spanking small companies that commit acts of copyright infringement against them. As do most large multinationals. Watch Slashdot for any length of time and you'll see any number of stories under about big companies going after smaller ones that have taken liberties with their IP.

They'll ignore him now most likely, but the moment they see him turn a half decent profit using their IP, he is royally boned.

You are completely delusional about how these things work.

I'm sorry, I'm still waiting for your backing up of your baseless ad hom against everyone here who disagreed with you on the previous threads about being hypocrites.
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline persiaTopic starter

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2010, 02:39:06 AM »
I had just about came around to C=USA before Barry shot his mouth off.  I said that if they offered a true all-in-one (computer+screen in one and a bluetooth keyboard & mouse) under the Amiga name I'd be interested.  But now I think I'll just let it go and move on.  Barry's free to say anything he wants but I'm equally free to avoid his products.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2010, 03:00:08 AM »
Quote from: the_leander;578752
Apparently you haven't. Aspirin lost its trademark as part of Germany's war reparations after WW1.

Last I checked, Commodore was a company that went bankrupt and as cool as the Amiga was, doesn't nearly come into the same level of ubiquity as Apirin and it's derivatives.

Also, the USA, whilst it may have lost Vietnam, has never been pulverised into submission on its own turf AFAIK.

I told him to wind his neck in because the very thing he was having a pop at me over had been answered in a post specifically replying to him. He may have missed it, but as it was he looked a little silly responding to something said that was unrelated to him.

As for you: pot, kettle, black.

Apple have form for spanking small companies that commit acts of copyright infringement against them. As do most large multinationals. Watch Slashdot for any length of time and you'll see any number of stories under about big companies going after smaller ones that have taken liberties with their IP.

They'll ignore him now most likely, but the moment they see him turn a half decent profit using their IP, he is royally boned.

I'm sorry, I'm still waiting for your backing up of your baseless ad hom against everyone here who disagreed with you on the previous threads about being hypocrites.

Aspirin is still trademarked in many countries, Germany was not the point.

In your opinion I may look silly, but since your terse comments rarely reference who your answering let alone actually make a point I'm not worried about who is looking silly and I'm not asking your permission to respond.

As far as Apple's tendency toward litigious behavior, Apple sues anyone regardless of whether their claims are valid or not. How else could you explain the lawsuits against the Beatles' record label (which existed long before Apple computers).

What the hell does the US' actions in Vietnam have to do with anything? And, no, we weren't pulverized in a war on our own turf (unlike Germany in WWII, which by the way they so seriously deserved).

Your argument is vitriolic, but you fail to make clear, valid, points.

Instead of stating your opinions, why don't you back up those statements with rational logic?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2010, 03:32:51 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;578765
As far as Apple's tendency toward litigious behavior, Apple sues anyone regardless of whether their claims are valid or not. How else could you explain the lawsuits against the Beatles' record label (which existed long before Apple computers).

Uh, the lawsuits were all initiated by Apple Corps, the parent company of Apple Records, not Apple Computer.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2010, 04:25:06 AM »
Quote from: mongo;578768
Uh, the lawsuits were all initiated by Apple Corps, the parent company of Apple Records, not Apple Computer.

Interesting point, I should research my facts better before using them in an argument.

Since I still consider Apple's reflexive litigation to be excessive, that fact weakens part of my post.

Still, as it was made in haste, I don't feel too bad about the overall content of the post.

Having been abused by one too many German posters who assume some level of intellectual superiority, it seemed appropriate to remind our German compatriot that not all German endeavors have been that noble.

Also, the level of bitter contention over the use of long dead trademarks seemed excessive.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline the_leander

« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2010, 06:37:15 AM »
Aspirin is still trademarked in many countries, Germany was not the point.

According to Wikipedia, it isn't in much of the west, or really anywhere that actually gives a crap about trademarks.

In your opinion I may look silly, but since your terse comments rarely reference who your answering let alone actually make a point I'm not worried about who is looking silly and I'm not asking your permission to respond.

Actually, they do reference who I'm responding to, sadly you're incapable apparently of understanding plain English. Try reading instead of skimming.

Please, feel free to quote at random and attack those posts for not answering questions that were answered in other posts.

Your flapping is amusing.

What the hell does the US' actions in Vietnam have to do with anything? And, no, we weren't pulverized in a war on our own turf (unlike Germany in WWII, which by the way they so seriously deserved).

You can't possibly be this obtuse.

Are you even bothering to follow the conversation or have you decided to just quote mine for the fun of it?

Instead of stating your opinions, why don't you back up those statements with rational logic?

Try bothering to read what is actually being said, and in the context it is being said and you might actually get somewhere.
Blessed Be,

Offline the_leander

« Reply #245 on: September 11, 2010, 07:17:39 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;578772

Having been abused by one too many German posters who assume some level of intellectual superiority, it seemed appropriate to remind our German compatriot that not all German endeavors have been that noble.

And there we have it ladies and gentlemen.

Son, you just went full retard.
Blessed Be,

Offline Andre.Siegel

• Show only replies by Andre.Siegel
    • http://www.power2people.org
« Reply #246 on: September 11, 2010, 09:16:16 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;578772

At the risk of being accused of being an abusive German who assumes some level of intellectual superiority, I would like to point out that the_leander lists both his location, which might require a quick online search, and his real name, which, especially considering the spelling, would be considered rather uncommon anywhere on the European mainland where Germany just so happens to be located.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #247 on: September 11, 2010, 10:02:50 AM »
Sigh... On a day like today, 9/11, we've got some crazy old American pastor on the brink of causing the next world war by wanting to burn the Koran. The 9/11 remembrance day is being taken over by protesters. :(

Now on here we've got let's attack CommodoreUSA and have a go at the Germans day... :(

Glad I live in Scotland where things like that never happen, we Scots only fight amongst ourselves, then go to the pub afterwards and have a few pints and a good laugh about it and then blame the English for all our problems. :roflmao:

C'mon folks get a grip, get a life, get real... :rolleyes:

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #248 on: September 11, 2010, 12:27:01 PM »
Okay guys, watch it. Lay off the diggs at each other and try to stay on topic.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #249 on: September 11, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
Sorry Andre,
It was not very considerate of me attacking an entire country, when so many of the people who's posts I've learned from and agree with come from that country, particularly when the person I'm addressing does not come from that country.
Apparently, I don't don't know how to communicate effectively in the only language I speak as the majority of my post was ignored in yet another simplistic negative post.

@ Franko - Your comment makes the Scots seem frighteningly like the Irish (my ancestors). Would that we all could disagree, fight, and then come to terms. Such an idea seems so much more civil then what the world has come to.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 06:35:13 PM by Iggy »

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #250 on: September 11, 2010, 07:06:13 PM »
Quote from: Franko;578784
Sigh... On a day like today, 9/11, we've got some crazy old American pastor on the brink of causing the next world war by wanting to burn the Koran. The 9/11 remembrance day is being taken over by protesters. :(

Now on here we've got let's attack CommodoreUSA and have a go at the Germans day... :(

Glad I live in Scotland where things like that never happen, we Scots only fight amongst ourselves, then go to the pub afterwards and have a few pints and a good laugh about it and then blame the English for all our problems. :roflmao:

C'mon folks get a grip, get a life, get real... :rolleyes:

Ah, but you Jocks are just a bunch of thistle-arsed, haggis buggering cross-dressers!

Unlike us Welsh who are real men...  who just happen to enjoy shagging sheep.  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Franko

« Reply #251 on: September 11, 2010, 07:12:23 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;578828
Ah, but you Jocks are just a bunch of thistle-arsed, haggis buggering cross-dressers!

Unlike us Welsh who are real men...  who just happen to enjoy shagging sheep.  :D

see you jimmy, ah shud gie ye a Glesga kiss fur rat... :hammer:

(damn, the thing is its true... :) )

Wales must be the only place left where Sheep worrying is not considered a crime but more of a right... :roflmao:

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #252 on: September 11, 2010, 10:10:03 PM »
Quote from: Franko;578830
see you jimmy, ah shud gie ye a Glesga kiss fur rat... :hammer:

(damn, the thing is its true... :) )

Wales must be the only place left where Sheep worrying is not considered a crime but more of a right... :roflmao:

I use mint sauce as a lubricant.  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Franko

« Reply #253 on: September 11, 2010, 10:34:52 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;578859
I use mint sauce as a lubricant.  :D

I'd hate to be sitting in a restaurant with you when the waiter asks, 'Would sir like some mint sauce on his lamb'.... :roflmao:

Offline cheech

• Show only replies by cheech
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/nrj
« Reply #254 on: September 11, 2010, 10:43:18 PM »
Acid dads are some how mix up in all this c.u.s.a stuff to!
http://moobunny.dreamhosters.com/cgi/mbthread.pl/amiga/expand/176605
nice one