Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

A4000T disk module
A4000T disk module
Previous Image | Next Image
Description:
Picture Stats:
Views: 1429
Filesize: 48.11kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: Ancalimon at January 21, 2008, 02:41:58 AM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (1)

darksun9210
February 28, 2008, 04:12:30 PM
yeah i had one of those on my A4000T.
it seemed to be an escom botch job to fit a PC drive onto an Amiga floppy disk port.
managed to get a real amiga HD floppy drive, so was able to get rid of it.

did annoy me that the A4000T had pretty much the least amount of connectors... weird for a pro machine. couldn't really get my head around how many corners seemed to have been cut putting it together, and the cheap feel of the machine.

rather than modify and chop the case to take I/O ports straight off the mainboard out the back, they waste money building PCB's - a couple of custom riser cards in slots 1 and 2 of a standard PC/AT case, and have a third card carrying the ser/par/mouse/joy ports to match the 25/9pin D type holes stamped out on the back of the case. and that 50pin connector on the mouse/joy/ser/par board. was actually an active scsi terminator to end your scsi chain cleanly. was that in the documentation anywhere? i must have missed it! i only found out after i'd sold my machine.

and for a full height case, you only got 5 drive bays?! well, 6 if you want to have a hard disk sit over your CPU card. great idea for cooling. and then the crappy AT type PSU mainboard connector is unable to handle the current draw of a fully loaded system and would slowly burn out the PSU plugs. god damn.  :angry:

i miss my A4000T  :-(